SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 25-04-07, 07:26 PM   #21
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Default Re: Trackday - Lydden Circuit - Sat 28th April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balky001 View Post
Booked today . Can't have you lads having all the fun. Booked in inters even though Lydden scares the b'jesus out of me. Whose in what group - anyone riding down from Essex? Luke/weazelz, what bikes you on?
I'm on a black 06 R6, grey/black wolf leathers. I think i'm in novice, though i'll see how it goes but may have a play in the inters.

Riding down from London on Sat morning - Will be going Blackwall tunnel > A2 > M2 > A2

See you then!

Luke
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-07, 07:39 PM   #22
Balky001
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post

Riding down from London on Sat morning - Will be going Blackwall tunnel > A2 > M2 > A2

See you then!

Luke
Excellent (see you in inters in the 2nd session!).

Weazelz - yelow SV, orange and black leather, white lid next to a silver Skoda estate - with all that colour going on if I don't spot you I'm going to the opticians!
Old 27-04-07, 01:51 PM   #23
enzyme

Have a good one peeps - I tried to book today in my usual late fashion but only experts left and I am not one of them , I still have cramp from Rockingham and am in need of some serious Yoga lessons before me next trip!
Old 28-04-07, 07:05 PM   #24
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Got back safely after a marathon journey home through south london (blackwall tunnel is closed). Had a pretty good day - started off in the inters, which I was a little nervous about, until after the first session - pace wasn't too quick!

Had problems with a sliding rear - only at devil's elbow and the hairpin at the top of the hill though - almost highsided at one point which got me a little applause from the marshalls, but I think they were taking the p**s! Other than that it was a pretty good day (I let weazelz fill you in on his! )

Good to meet Paul aka Balky001

Luke
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-07, 07:36 PM   #25
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
....(I let weazelz fill you in on his! )

Luke
Oh no, not more 'bitz'???

Oh and there is some pretty cruddy tarmac at devil's elbow ...
Old 28-04-07, 07:54 PM   #26
weazelz

ouch ouch ouch. well, I've never had a highside before, & now I have

coming out of the long right & winding on the power going around the outside of someone - marshalls reckon 80-90mph - felt the back slip .. grip .. maybe I can save this .. slip .. grip .. maybe I can't .. upside down .. tarmac .. good, not in the tyres yet .. grass .. still tumbling.. oh dear .. tyres . oof

I'm fine - well, left ankle, right knee, left wrist, right shoulder all rather swollen & tender, but no bones broken

bike is not too bad. the marshalls broke the bad news to me about its state. I saw it & just laughed - they thought all the damage was from today lol. total damage is levers, lhs peg, lhs bung, lhs fairing. note lhs damage from crash on right-hander

went & had a look at the track & there were some good black marks that I must have left. I was talking later to the bloke who as benhind me when I lost it - he was most impressed with the amount of smoke came off my tyre

anyway, aside from all that, a good day. I think I clocked a best lap of ~49.5s in the morning, but there was a *lot* of traffic to get through & I didn't do any better than that in the afternoon - should have gone in fast really (yes, yes Nick, I know )

my two +1's had a good day, think I might be able to persuade them back another time

nice to meet you Paul Balky001, glad we persuaded you to stick around a bit longer, you were going pretty well
Old 28-04-07, 08:33 PM   #27
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by weazelz View Post
Have you purposely turned your avatar upside down?!?! classic!!!!

Good that you and the bike are pretty ok

That's a nasty old place to come off!!!

Oh and is this a bad time to ask if you have got that spare linkage and rear caliper pin?!?!?!?!
Old 28-04-07, 08:52 PM   #28
weazelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Have you purposely turned your avatar upside down?!?! classic!!!!
it seemed apt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S
That's a nasty old place to come off!!!
Lydden's not over-burdened with run-off

to be honest, I'm feeling *very* fortunate to have got away with no broken bones
Old 28-04-07, 10:03 PM   #29
Tim in Belgium

Glad to hear that your not too badly dented and that the bike sounds like it will live to fight another day.
Old 29-04-07, 07:24 AM   #30
Balky001
Mega Poster

Weazelz, bad news. Seems everyone was having grip issues but that's a nasty place to come off, those tyre walls don't seems to soft! Hope you and the bike are mended quickly.

Good to me you Andy and Luke, thanks for the advise and persuading me to stay for 2 extra sessions after my tyres were slipping you a bit too much to enjoy. Andy was right of course, they just need more scrubbing in.

Was an awesome day and at a track I didn't fancy again but it does seem to claim a high nuumber of scalps.

Nice to see RobSV and 30MPHMAX riding well too.