SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-12-04, 04:19 PM   #1

Default Mine All Mine!! - Finally

A year early (thats y it was wallet crilling)
but i made the final wallet cripling payment on my loan today so the SV is all Mine, Just in time for crimby!

Now i can finally spend the well deserved money on it that it needs!

Well, when i next get paid,

Happy christmas one and all

one very Hapy Alex
Old 22-12-04, 04:29 PM   #2
BaggaZee

Nice.
Old 22-12-04, 04:30 PM   #3
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

And only a month to go till the restrictors come off!

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-04, 05:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs
And only a month to go till the restrictors come off!

Yipdee doo! Its in the shed with the carbs apart as i speak!
they only down side being, i doubt ill be back on it till mid feb, as it needs work on breaks and the sub frame is currently off waiting for the cashe to be shot and p coated!

got a bit eager in giving it its overhaul!!

oh, some advice required, i have an m59 rear tire atm, its hard and not very sticky but i have pushed it far... but as im now getting more power, do i a: keep with the broken but not very sticky tyre till used to full power or B: fit sticky rubber and go gently on full power!

Each have a risk, but wondering what other ppl would do!

Cheers
Alex
Old 22-12-04, 05:58 PM   #5
H-Gerickemark

hello mate,

What year sv you got? Mine is a k4 and is also restricted to 33bhp so would be interested to know how different it feels with the restrictors out.

Merry crimbo to all.

Mark
Old 22-12-04, 06:41 PM   #6
northwind
Mega Poster

Mine was bought as part of a rather larger loan which I'll not be paying off until the end of 2006
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-04, 07:59 PM   #7
BURNER

Fit the sticky rubber and take it easy. Those Michelins are rock hard compared to a nice set of Diablos.
You'll have much more power up the rev range than you're used to so it's when you're cranked over and powering on the gas that you'll want the grip.
Old 23-12-04, 08:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Gerickemark
hello mate,

What year sv you got? Mine is a k4 and is also restricted to 33bhp so would be interested to know how different it feels with the restrictors out.

Merry crimbo to all.

Mark
Will do when i get back on the road! I Looked at the bike last night, theres a lot of work that needs doing, List is
Braided Hoses
Fork Upgrade
New rubber
Subframe (powder coat + Reinstallation)
Rear Shock (Not needed but old 1 on 30 k miles and the bike is already in bits)
De restricting
New brake pads,
Gonna be a lotta money!

Quote:
Mine was bought as part of a rather larger loan which I'll not be paying off until the end of 2006
At leas u can almost see the end, there was a program on the other day bout the mount of ppl in so much dept they will be paying off forever.
I hope me saying that ive paid mine off doesnt rub it in, wasnt the intention, wanted just to share my happiness!

Quote:
Fit the sticky rubber and take it easy. Those Michelins are rock hard compared to a nice set of Diablos.
You'll have much more power up the rev range than you're used to so it's when you're cranked over and powering on the gas that you'll want the grip.
Ill seee what the bank balance says, at the moment i have faith in the tyres ive got, i won't push hard on them but i have given em stick and they errm have ..... stuck!

Thanks for all the advice guys, cant wait to get back on the road, get me confidence up and becomer a "proper" biker again!

Happpily Crimbly!
Alex
Old 26-12-04, 06:36 PM   #9
a1a

Hello,
Merry Christmas to everybody! I'm a wee bit confused as to why the bikes are restricted anyway? What was done to the bikes to restrict them in the first place?
MotorCyclist Magazine in the USA, lists the following stock 04 naked SV650 rear wheel dyno numbers.
73.5 HP @ 8,750 RPM
47.1 Ft. Lbs. Of Torque @ 7,250 RPM

Cheers, Richard
Old 26-12-04, 06:47 PM   #10
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819
At leas u can almost see the end, there was a program on the other day bout the mount of ppl in so much dept they will be paying off forever.
I hope me saying that ive paid mine off doesnt rub it in, wasnt the intention, wanted just to share my happiness!
I work in a bank branch and we see that all the time, folks with £20K+ on credit cards paying 15-30% interest... We had a 28 year old once who had £15K on a personal loan and over £40K on something like 10 different credit cards, he was only just earning enough to make the minimum payments so of course it just kept on getting worse...

I'm a bit in debt but it's all under control, so I'm not at all bothered by it... I could have it all paid off much faster, but I'd rather have a good time in the meantime, it'll still be cleared before I'm 30.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote