SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-08-21, 06:35 PM   #2651
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: The All New Megathread

Hope it went well for you Seeker. Just spoken to my parents (near Norwich) and it started raining around 7pm with them. Been drizzling on and off all afternoon here.

Annoying as my new scarifier arrived today and it's still sitting in the hall in the house. Lady Poppy gave me a bit of a look as I assembled it indoors but can appreciate I don't want to get it soaked on the trudge down the garden to the shed before I can try it out in case it has to be returned. Its a Stihl battery job so I'm sure it will be fine.
Old 07-08-21, 05:22 PM   #2652
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

I am utterly zonked. Lady Poppy and I went to London today - she to have lunch with her sister and cousin, and me to visit some bicycle shops. The intention was to take my trusty old Raleigh in on the train so I could avoid the Underground, but the devil farted in my face this morning when I found it had a flat tyre...

So I walked some of it, in the pouring rain, and then did a lot of swearing while trying to get the Boris Bike app to work so I could use the hire bikes instead. They are so rubbish, just like their app. And I could not get my phone holder to attach which meant heading in a vague direction and hoping instead of using Google Maps.

At least I've got to see some of the ebikes we've been thinking about buying now. But I'll be hobbling badly tomorrow!
Old 07-08-21, 09:27 PM   #2653
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Evening all. Done very little here aside from potting on a couple of rooted tomato plant cuttings, and a quick walk with Mabel in between showers.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 02:50 PM   #2654
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quiet morning for me so my knees could recover. Hid from the rain in the garage pumping up the flat trye on the grumpy Raleigh and fettling its brakes. I'll go check it again later to see if I have a puncture or not.

As expected there was quite a queue at the dump after lunch. At least I can get into the shed again now the sacks full of shredded hedge, the old scarifier and the box the new scarifier came in have been dropped in their respective skips. I composted as much of the hedge trimmings as I could but my heaps are full to bursting now.

Drying up now so might get the last of the hedge cut in a bit. The garden waste bin was emptied on Friday so it should all go in there to save me from another run to the dump. Fingers crossed.
Old 16-08-21, 03:59 PM   #2655
shiftin_gear98

Gary,
I got pretty close to where you live on the 7th. I drove up the A483 whilst travelling from Ludchurch to Cockermouth. Pity I didn't think to give a shout out before, we could have done with a cup of tea by then!
Old 16-08-21, 09:15 PM   #2656
Seeker
Mega Poster

Gary - did you see The Motorbike Show #4? Steph Jeavons was briefly interviewed and Motojunkies got a mention.
My only issue was having to listen/watch Henry Cole.

I watched the show on my laptop (ITV hub) and there's no adverts but if I cast it to my tv (Chromecast) I get ads.
Old 17-08-21, 04:03 PM   #2657
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
Gary,
I got pretty close to where you live on the 7th. I drove up the A483 whilst travelling from Ludchurch to Cockermouth. Pity I didn't think to give a shout out before, we could have done with a cup of tea by then!
You should certainly have shouted me Martin, I would have happily put the kettle on for you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Gary - did you see The Motorbike Show #4? Steph Jeavons was briefly interviewed and Motojunkies got a mention.
My only issue was having to listen/watch Henry Cole.

I watched the show on my laptop (ITV hub) and there's no adverts but if I cast it to my tv (Chromecast) I get ads.
Just caught up with the current series of the Motorbike Show on ITV Hub Seeker. I don't have a TV so watch it on my pc. Yep saw Steph being interviewed. I need to ask her if she actually got to eat that ice cream before it melted!
Old 04-09-21, 08:58 AM   #2658
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Morning all.
Old 13-09-21, 06:57 AM   #2659
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Morning Org. Wet, rainy, grey morning here. A day for doing some of those indoor jobs!
Old 13-09-21, 09:03 PM   #2660
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Looks like we'll be getting your rain here tomorrow Gary. As long as its nice on Monday when I go see our old buddy Spannerman for Hugh's annual fettling I'll not to too bothered.