SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 17-04-07, 01:49 PM   #1
Alastair

Default Cars on track, no bikes I'm afraid

Sorry it's not a bike thread but I mostly visit Goodwood for taking pics, they don't do bike trackdays there unfortunately.

I grabbed the tele lens and jumped on the bike for a quick blast over to Goodwood on Sat, was only there an hour, here's the best of what I've processed so far, thought some of you may be interested.

Photography is my main 'hobby' and motorsport photography is what I like best, even managed to sell a few shots in the past to trackday participants, wasn't selling this time though as it was too damn hot and I wasn't there long enough really.

Will be getting to some bike events soon hopefully.

Through the fence on this one:

Trying to make it look a little racy rather than just cars on track.

All images are clickable for bigger versions and a link to my Flickr page.
Old 17-04-07, 02:18 PM   #2
Amanda M

Default Re: Cars on track, no bikes I'm afraid

I love that top pic - really gives the impression of speed! All of them are great but that one is just superb Nice one!

Amanda
Old 17-04-07, 02:32 PM   #3
Viney
Mega Poster

I dont think they do organised track days at goodwood, but i do know a few people that have done them there! Cant see photos at work, so'll have a look at home. The tracks not that interesting anyway.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-07, 02:45 PM   #4
Alastair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda M View Post
I love that top pic - really gives the impression of speed! All of them are great but that one is just superb Nice one!

Amanda
Thanks Amanda, there's not usually too much love for motorsport shots in the photography world so I'm happy when people like them.

Check here for more of my stuff if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney View Post
I dont think they do organised track days at goodwood, but i do know a few people that have done them there! Cant see photos at work, so'll have a look at home. The tracks not that interesting anyway.
How do you mean 'organised trackdays' Viney? For bikes? There's no run off whatsoever there so I wouldn't take a bike round at speed anyway. Have been round in a car though and enjoyed it a lot, very fast circuit if not the most feature filled.
Old 17-04-07, 03:03 PM   #5
Viney
Mega Poster

I mean that people like focused events etc. Im sure that owners clubs hire it out every now and again. Bloke he goes down there every now and again.

Just not a very exciting track as you said, mainly for speed
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-07, 03:12 PM   #6
Alastair

Some companies do, the event on Saturday was a Bookatrack day and Easytrack do some through the year too.

I've got the diary from their site and (for example) they have about 20 days of action out of the 31 in May. A lot are owners clubs etc yes. I'm looking forward to the Ferrari days though
Old 17-04-07, 03:50 PM   #7
mattSV
Mega Poster

I am taking the scoobie to the Performance Car Action Day at Castle Combe this Saturday - not going on the track as I cannot really afford the fuel/tyres at the moment, however I will take the camera.

Should be a good day - 42 cars just on our Subaru Impreza Drivers Club stand
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-07, 05:38 PM   #8
sarah

nice pics. i had my first driving lesson there when i was 16

you going to Goodwood Festival of Speed?
Old 17-04-07, 09:14 PM   #9
Alastair

Thanks, should be, usually try to get along for one day.
Old 18-04-07, 07:32 AM   #10
Amanda M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
Thanks Amanda, there's not usually too much love for motorsport shots in the photography world so I'm happy when people like them.

Check here for more of my stuff if you like.
Some great pics there! I love the flying jeeps in the Goodwood pics I need to go to some motorsport events and give my camera a good work out. I've never really had a go at motorsports photography and am inspired now!

Cheers

Amanda