SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-06-16, 05:17 PM   #291
Red ones
Mega Poster

Default Re: EU Referendum

And Blair / Major?

Peace. N Ireland.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-16, 05:28 PM   #292
Bibio
Mega Poster

what a mess the commons are in. its a disgrace that the people who we elected and are our representatives in the HOC are all running around pointing fingers, slagging and blaming each other. its turning into a 'pub brawl'. these people are supposed to be civilised, caring and upstanding members of our society to whom we look upon for guidance in troubled times but instead we have elected monkeys who are fighting over a banana. the public dont have much faith in politicians as it is without them resorting to this kind of bickering.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-16, 06:30 PM   #293
Bri w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
what a mess the commons are in. its a disgrace that the people who we elected and are our representatives in the HOC are all running around pointing fingers, slagging and blaming each other. its turning into a 'pub brawl'. these people are supposed to be civilised, caring and upstanding members of our society to whom we look upon for guidance in troubled times but instead we have elected monkeys who are fighting over a banana. the public dont have much faith in politicians as it is without them resorting to this kind of bickering.

Including the SNP?

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-16, 06:53 PM   #294
Red ones
Mega Poster

Isn't amazing the damage a referendum can do? They are never a good idea for any politician!
Old 30-06-16, 09:02 PM   #295
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri w View Post
Including the SNP?
yes. Nicola has made herself look like the puppet on a string she is by shouting loud without getting facts right. Nicola should go and do some research and get a plan drawn up first before she starts letting that angry mouth of hers open. well done Nicola you have just told your opposition exactly what you plan to do.

the best of the best azzhole award has to go to Farage with the speech in the EP gloating about 'not laughing now' then went on to basically call them a bunch of work shy individuals but still wants a good relationship for trade (good luck with that one now)..... yeah like you've ever done a hard days work Nigel. having said that i do admire Farage for having ballzz.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-16, 09:11 PM   #296
Red ones
Mega Poster

Quote:
the best of the best azzhole award has to go to Farage with the speech in the EP gloating about 'not laughing now' .

Watch closely and you see the man behind him laughing. The more Farage talks the more the man laughs.
Old 01-07-16, 08:04 AM   #297
Swin

Quote:
y
the best of the best azzhole award has to go to Farage with the speech in the EP gloating about 'not laughing now' then went on to basically call them a bunch of work shy individuals but still wants a good relationship for trade (good luck with that one now)..... yeah like you've ever done a hard days work Nigel. having said that i do admire Farage for having ballzz.
Not going to get into airing my political views, but I hardly think someone gloating in the European Parliament about our exit from EU is going to make companies like BMW think "screw the UK, we won't sell them cars any more"
Swin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-16, 08:45 AM   #298
Bri w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swin View Post
Not going to get into airing my political views, but I hardly think someone gloating in the European Parliament about our exit from EU is going to make companies like BMW think "screw the UK, we won't sell them cars any more"
Germany exports €89billion worth of product to the UK 'v' €39billion of exports from the UK to Germany. I agree with you, and the German car manufacturers have already lobbied the EU for no tariffs.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-16, 08:50 AM   #299
Swin

I will concede that Farage should learn about being as gracious in victory as defeat though!!
Swin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-16, 10:56 AM   #300
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri w View Post
Germany exports €89billion worth of product to the UK 'v' €39billion of exports from the UK to Germany. I agree with you, and the German car manufacturers have already lobbied the EU for no tariffs.
So our negotiations should look to achieve a similar agreement to Norway but with the EU giving us a payment for access to our market. We need some strong politicians.
BTW I'm not joking, as far as trade is concerned the EU needs us more than we need them.