SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: so what do I do
a) tell nutter to pay for his own damage 4 28.57%
b) organise a village whip round to pay for damage 1 7.14%
c) organise a village whip round to buy my lad a pint to do it again 1 7.14%
d) now I know he is soft as runny poo, get my boot in whilst still on crutches 0 0%
e) bollock my lad for leaving him still standing 1 7.14%
f) tell his mates family to sort their own problems (yet acknowledge they sorted mine) 2 14.29%
g) KeithyD hide in the corner and drink lemonade in blistfull ignorance 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-04-09, 06:25 PM   #1
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default when do kids grow up?

Well it would appear that my lad has attacked the local nutter, the sort who is all reputation and earn over the last 20 years of pub scrapping.

My lads has kicked his door open, battered the guy and dragged his mates 17 year old sister out of nutters bed. Now his mates family are handy, they sorted out my local drug dealer problem etc.

But my problem is the nutter's landlord is a mate of mine and he has phoned me, the door is kicked out, there is a hole between the hallway and lounge where my lad has attempted to shove a head into the wall. (wrong way idiot, next time use the brick wall and not a stud).

So what do I do, so long as damage is put right the landlord has no problem. do I

Last edited by timwilky; 19-04-09 at 06:50 PM.
timwilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-09, 06:46 PM   #2
shonadoll

Default Re: when do kids grow up?

Well do you have a problem with your son battering people? That seems to be the crux of the matter.
Old 19-04-09, 06:52 PM   #3
timwilky
Mega Poster

This particular guy. No he has bullied his way for the past 20 years and the next generation has now grown up. I respect my mate who is his landlord and had phoned me to let me know what has happened and will probably tell my lad to put the damage right.

But the battering. No well overdue
Old 19-04-09, 06:59 PM   #4
Jabba

I've voted "keithd" because I suspect that your lad is old enough to take care of himself and sort out the damage.

"The Bank of Dad" can't keep bailing him out. Your mate (the landlord) should understand this.
Old 19-04-09, 07:05 PM   #5
davepreston

hold the bus a sec its the nutters place and his landlord tell your mate(the landlord) that you understand but get this nutter bloke to pay for it, his place his damage
Old 19-04-09, 07:11 PM   #6
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Keithd'd the mofo, he's a big boy now - I wouldn't get too involved.
Old 19-04-09, 07:21 PM   #7
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
when do kids grow up?
The day they realise "beating up the local nutter" won't solve anyone's problems and will only fuel a tit for tat war of beatings likely to end with someone getting killed and someone else going to jail?

Perhaps I'm not seeing the question here but am I right in assuming the sequence of events went something like this:

1. Your son, rightly or wrongly, goes to someone's house and kicks 5 shades out of him?

2. In the process of aforementioned shade removal he damages property that belongs to neither him or the now shadeless party?

3. He's actually sitting back and letting you consider paying for the damage he caused?

Seriously dude, what the ****? If he wants to be Baseball Batman, saving the neighbourhood by administering beatings, he should be paying for the damage he's causing...
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-09, 07:25 PM   #8
Sally

e)

much deserved, but I would talk to the landlord again, see who he wants to foot the bill.
His tennant or you're son.
Old 19-04-09, 08:43 PM   #9
Baph

I know you've said the pasting was well overdue, but was it really justified. What was your son's reasoning for giving the pasting when he did?

Was it simply to get the 17yr old out of bed? She's a big girl & should know how to look after herself if that's all it is.

If the beating was justified, landlord should proceed as if he didn't know you. Tenant should pay for damages or loose deposit. In this case, your son should also get a pint, at least from his mate (who's sister he's just 'rescued').

If the beating wasn't justified (and the tenant is just a bit of an ar$e), then IMO, your son should be paying.
Old 19-04-09, 11:20 PM   #10
Bibio
Mega Poster

get them both to fix the damage...
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote