SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-06-07, 11:10 AM   #1
Viney
Mega Poster

Default AE07 Whinge: Get Involved

Right i have been sitting on this too long.

There are 1135 active members on this site and there seems to be a disticnt case of sloping shoulder syndrome and apathy with regards to helping out and generaly getting involved. It seems to have been left to the usual suspects to help out. Rictus being one of the main players here, but lets just say that most of the team are from the south.

Now you lot, well, most of you lot wanted it 'up norf', or more central, yet no one seems to want to help with routes, planning or general helpfulness (Within the guidelines) and all talk of going off and doing your own thing, loops, routes etc which detracts from previous rideouts of the Annual rideout.

All people seem to do is whinge. Get involved, find out if theres something, even if its small, that you can do to help out. If youa re local to the event, then im sure that there is something you can do, or advise.

These events are what YOU make them, and a little bit of helpfulness and appreciation wouldnt go a miss for the team behind the event.

If you dont get involved, then dont whinge if you dont like something. Put up and shut upm as my mum used to say!!

So for the whinging southerners, get on ya bikes and ride up there and stop all this talk of...its too far. Blimey, if i can ride the 300 mile up there, then anyone can (I hate doing long distance with a passion)

Rant over
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-07, 11:33 AM   #2
Baph

Default Re: AE07 Whinge: Get Involved

Personally, I feel like I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

If there's anything that anyone needs a hand with, and I can help out, I gladly will do. Unfortunately, not being local, and not having any "talents" etc that I reckon would be of any use whatsoever, at the moment, I don't feel there's a lot that I can get involved with.

In the next few weeks I'll be working out my route to the campsite, and that will mainly consist of me sticking my finger in the air & seeing which way the wind blows.

I certainly don't plan on complaining about anything either though I suspect that I'm not alone in feeling this way too.
Old 01-06-07, 11:53 AM   #3
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney View Post
So for the whinging southerners, get on ya bikes and ride up there and stop all this talk of...its too far. Blimey, if i can ride the 300 mile up there, then anyone can (I hate doing long distance with a passion)
300 miles is long distance????

Whinging Southerner :P

Serious for a moment, I think you said something that needed saying, so thanks for that Viney.

I am making the assumption that as I am in near weekly face to face contact with the organisers that know that if they need me to do something, they will ask me, even if it is just "shut the f**k up Dave"

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-07, 12:23 PM   #4
Grinch

Pah! I'll be doing 400 miles, and happy to guide anyone up there with me (oh what a laugh that will be with my sense of direction, Tom Tom me thinks)...

Anyway I'm going to be marking on the ride, so I'll be bringing me reflective jacket. Let me know if there is anything else I can do, though the week before I'm busy with my birthday and spending my holiday putting the other SV back together and hoping it works. As I would like to ride it up there, all will not be complete but she'll be on the road.
Old 01-06-07, 12:32 PM   #5
Jabba

Viney,

I hear what you're saying and have a similar journey as you.

However, and in fairness, quite a few members pointed out at the time of the vote that for anyone travelling our sort of distances it makes AR07 into a 3day/2night trip rather than a 2day/1 night or "there and back in a day" affair.

For those with other commitments/families/kids this proves rather prohibitive.

I have to say that I resent the inference that those who are not going are somehow letting the side down. This is particularly galling given the time and effort that some who are not going (this year) have put into organising several rideouts for members during each of the past few years.

/rant

PS: Please don't call me a Southerner

Last edited by Jabba; 01-06-07 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-06-07, 12:36 PM   #6
Tomcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
Pah! I'll be doing 400 miles, and happy to guide anyone up there with me (oh what a laugh that will be with my sense of direction, Tom Tom me thinks)...

Anyway I'm going to be marking on the ride,

what, p*ssing up all the lamp posts ..... god its going to take ages

Ill bog off now
Old 01-06-07, 01:13 PM   #7
stewie

I offered to bring up a couple of guitars on a thread at the weekend providing somehow they could be collected, and the thread was shut down. So I will bring a frisbee and a bag of charcoal briquettes and will see you all there. I dont have any talents and dont know the group well enough to start organising people being a newbie, as far as routes are concerned I will be in the nursery group at the back. Im coming up to meet the people I have been 'chatting' with for the past 6 months or so, have a drink, have a laugh and enjoy the company, if guys want to go for a hoon, let em go. See you all there, totally looking forward to it.
Stew.
Old 01-06-07, 01:20 PM   #8
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
I offered to bring up a couple of guitars on a thread at the weekend providing somehow they could be collected, and the thread was shut down.
I shut it down, because it got filled up with Drivel posts and anything useful was lost in the midst of it all.

PM Coolgirl with your offer, I'm sure somebody will help out with transport of your axe's

I dont think Viney was having a go at anybody. If you can't make it nobody is going to think less of you.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-07, 01:23 PM   #9
Gordon B

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
I dont have any talents and dont know the group well enough to start organising people being a newbie, as far as routes are concerned I will be in the nursery group at the back. Im coming up to meet the people I have been 'chatting' with for the past 6 months or so, have a drink, have a laugh and enjoy the company, if guys want to go for a hoon, let em go. See you all there, totally looking forward to it.
Stew.
What he said ^^^^

I'm doing the .org sticker, well trying.....
Old 01-06-07, 01:24 PM   #10
Viney
Mega Poster

Youre right fizz, i wasnt haveing a go at anyone specificaly, just what seems the total lack of interest in bringing any help or usefullness to what isnt, easy to organise from the opposite end of the country.

so no one take it perosnaly, its just a general rant.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote