SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-07-08, 11:42 PM   #1
jaepres

Default sv 650 wont start

hey i dropped my bike on a hill, it just fell over on the kick stand side and now wont start. the red ignition switch turns on but when i press the black starter button it makes no sound and does nothing. Any ideas
Old 13-07-08, 11:44 PM   #2
jaepres

Default Re: sv 650 wont start

i dropped my sv 650 on a hill. it fell over and now wont start. it turns on but the black starter wont turn the engine over it does nothing
Old 14-07-08, 06:35 AM   #3
Baph

Default Re: sv 650 wont start

Hi,

Firstly, I have a feeling that a mod will be along shortly to move your thread, so don't be supprised if you can't find it.

Secondly, it sounds to me like you've got caught by the tip over sensor. Never did work out why my bike was on it's side & didn't trip this sensor, but still. Basically, when the bike is laid on it's side, the engine is supposed to cut out. To re-enable the ignition properly, you either have to flick the kill switch 3 times, or turn the ignition on/off 3 times - I can't remember which one it is.

HTH.