SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-01-13, 08:10 PM   #41
acting_strange

Default Re: ROSPA vs IAM?

Well...I've listened...I didn't tell the whole story because I didn't think it right...I merely wanted to hear about the Rospa as compared to the IAM...but people seemed to take it personally....confused about that?

Anyway, I have decided not to bother...when riding, I anticipate, rarely brake because I anticipate, I don't tear **** around anymore becuase I'm not 16 and don't bounce as well at 60...

I don't need it to ride....so I'll just keep riding...

Thanks to all that posted even if I didn't agree with you....thats what free speech is all about right?
Old 23-01-13, 08:28 PM   #42
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by acting_strange View Post
Well...I've listened...I didn't tell the whole story because I didn't think it right...I merely wanted to hear about the Rospa as compared to the IAM...but people seemed to take it personally....confused about that?

Anyway, I have decided not to bother...when riding, I anticipate, rarely brake because I anticipate, I don't tear **** around anymore becuase I'm not 16 and don't bounce as well at 60...

I don't need it to ride....so I'll just keep riding...

Thanks to all that posted even if I didn't agree with you....thats what free speech is all about right?
Mate, I doubt you're doing much wrong, take no notice
Old 23-01-13, 09:59 PM   #43
Fordward

nobody here has the full story except for you so nobody else can make a judgement

60 years old and 38 years riding, i think almost nobody has your experience either, including the IAM instructor

hat off to you my friend

happy riding
Old 23-01-13, 10:47 PM   #44
darylB

Just a few points about this thread, it sounds to me that the op had a problem with the observers comments ( IAM observers are not instructors, we don't teach people to ride bikes). Bear in mind that we are all doing this voluntarily and give up time to do so. The aim is to try to make people safer and smoother which hopefully means more enjoyment when out, If I saw someones brake lights come on I would mention it as well, i can't tell if it's front or rear brake or just the rider resting his foot on the back brake, but I would try to find out why it was happening, if nothing was said for fear of a backlash then I would not be doing my job properly, esp if the person was then pulled up on their test. I am also sure that a Rospa tutor would have also mentioned it, anyone doing advanced riding training should expect to have faults pointed out, and be prepared to accept them, if not happy then ask for another observer, as a senior observer I am often asked to take people out by other observers who feel their associate isn't listening to them, as they think the observer isn't good enough and take no notice. at the end of the day it is up to the individual to take whatever they want from advanced training, we have no control over their riding when away from training. To rubbish the IAM or even Rospa because of an experience with one observer is out of order and quite petty and I hope it doesn't put people off advanced training as it has been proven to save lives. A recent independant study showed that riders with advanced training were smoother, took safer road positions, reacted to dangerous situations quicker and were less likely to put themselves in dangerous positions.

Daryl.