SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 02-03-10, 06:02 PM   #11
skeetly

Default Re: Recommend me a campsite

http://www.caeducampsite.co.uk/

Lovely.
Quite often turns up to collect the money on horse
skeetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 06:11 PM   #12
Old Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymroboi View Post
this is just 5 min walk from my house in the vilage of waenfawr,north wales.. http://www.snowdonia-park.co.uk/ they have a few bikers there over the summer months ,and just on the foot of snowdon,nice views at the moment, a bit of snow left on the mountains ,and good home made beer......seems a bit quiet there at the moment but will soon get buisy for easter holidays .....the food is ok but not the worst ive had .....but the youll have the glory of the welsh hills and roads to play with ..........
OK, so yiperdedoda imgoin to Snowdonia !!!!!!

Phoned & they said would be OK, so planin to ride up Friday afternoon to arrive 6.00pm/6.30pm pending route & traffic.

Thanks everyone for all the ideas. Now..... if you wonderful people have any influence on the weather.......sing for SUN.

Cymroboi, if you drop me a pm & wana go for a pint Friday night, let me know.

Thanks once again.......runs off to start packing....
Old Git is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 06:49 PM   #13
Rob84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git View Post
Any idea what it was called, googled bala campsites, seems to be quite a few
http://www.glanllyn.com/
Old 02-03-10, 08:35 PM   #14
cymroboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git View Post
OK, so yiperdedoda imgoin to Snowdonia !!!!!!

Phoned & they said would be OK, so planin to ride up Friday afternoon to arrive 6.00pm/6.30pm pending route & traffic.

Thanks everyone for all the ideas. Now..... if you wonderful people have any influence on the weather.......sing for SUN.

Cymroboi, if you drop me a pm & wana go for a pint Friday night, let me know.

Thanks once again.......runs off to start packing....

hey..id like to pop over m8 but i start my on call on friday for a week,so thats put a spanner on that ,for a nice pint in the local without the wife..but if the weather is good you should enjoy the roads roud here and plenty of viewing point for photos ,promising a dry weekend but a cold one so wrap up warm and drink plenty of beer ,if anything changes ill pm you to let you know and thanks for the invite
Old 03-03-10, 01:05 AM   #15
DaveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob84 View Post

That's the one!!! great location for getting about mate!!

Dave
Old 08-03-10, 09:53 PM   #16
cymroboi

hey OLD GIT !!!!, hope you had a good weekend camping down our way , i was at work all weekend so had no time for beer or going on the bike ,the weather was prity good for ya !! plenty of sun but a bit cold.was the camping any good m8 ,just for future ref... for the org......
Old 09-03-10, 07:39 AM   #17
Old Git

well to answer your question..............yes & no.
As you know booked the campsite, following evening they sent me an e-mail (9.34pm when I am in bed asleep!) that they were having the showers etc. referbished & couldn't accept the booking WTF!
Since I had already phoned & spoken to someone who had already said yep no probs earlier that same evening, was a bit peed off & confused.

Anywho, quick bit of searching next morning brought up Ranger Station YHA at the base of the Snowdonia hiking trail.
Booked for only £13.95/night (against £10 for camping)
This was members rate, so had to pay a temp fee of £3.
Ended up having room all to my self, very clean, very very quiet.
Some beer/wine available (not enough for bikers thou, think 2 of us could have drunk the whole lot they had), pub 2 miles up the road tho.

Roads & views were stunning, I have never seen anything like it. Very little traffic, some roads I was riding for 10 miles & didn;t even see a car.
No politize either.
I stayed on main roads, A4085/A470/A44 etc,etc. like quick sweeping roads, had a blast.
Will be doing it again soon.

YHA for me is recommended, they do food as well, evening meals, breakfast if you want/need it.

From Snowdonia upto Caernarfon to see the castle, down coastal route(ish) finally arrive in Abertwistywif re-fuel & back A44 route towards Crossgates, see Pete / Lissa & DMC then home.

Absolute blast, grin from ear to ear.

OK, cost me a bit more money than camping, but no tent to fork about with, so much easier, warm, great showers, someone cooked my breakfast for me ( OK I am lazy) loved every second.

Will be doin it again soon, and while weather is this cold, will prob. be doin YHA's again.
Old Git is offline   Reply With Quote