SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Should the Falklands be given to Argentina
Yes 3 3.80%
No 74 93.67%
Who gives a flying pengiun? 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-02-12, 01:59 PM   #1
ravingdavis

Default The Falklands

So these little Islands have been hitting the news a lot recently, what is the opinion of the Org, should Argentina be given rule of these Islands?

My personal opinion being that they should remain a British overseas territory so long as the inhabitants of the islands wish for that to remain the case. I find all the posturing of the Argentinians rather childish and unnecessary. How can they find it right to oppress their government and laws on the islanders when they so clearly do not want this to happen? Should opinion of the islanders change and they wish to become Argentinean then by all means, allow the Falklands to become Argentinian.
Old 14-02-12, 02:07 PM   #2
MisterTommyH

Default Re: The Falklands

As you say, it should be up to the residents not either Britain or Argentina.

If they wish to remain as 'British' we should protect them as far as they want to be protected.... who knows what would happen if the Argentinians were allowed to just take over... Might start persecuting the people who had lived there all their lives.

Also there is the memory of what happened 30 years ago... It would feel a bit of a betrayal to those who fought and were injured / killed in that war if we just handed it over now.
MisterTommyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-12, 02:10 PM   #3
Specialone

My view is the argies can f**k off.
Just cos it lies closer to their shores than it does ours means nothing, no different to guernsey and jersey being close to the French coast.

It has our countrymen settled on there so they can do one.

When this first reappeared recently, I seen their tv crews interviewing people on the streets and the young uns didn't give a ****, now the media frenzy has whipped up, they have all suddenly jumped on the bandwagon and wanna fight now.

Last edited by Specialone; 14-02-12 at 02:11 PM.
Old 14-02-12, 02:22 PM   #4
Fallout
Mega Poster

I think we should leave it to the Argies. Take all our people home and let them have it.

.... not before preparing an underground nuclear bomb test first though, and rigging it to blow in say, 1 years time?
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-12, 02:27 PM   #5
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
I think we should leave it to the Argies. Take all our people home and let them have it.

.... not before preparing an underground nuclear bomb test first though, and rigging it to blow in say, 1 years time?
Hmmm, offer the people some land up the West Coast of Scotland, well its similarly remote and desolate, then Sell the Falklands to the Argies to reduce some of the National Debt?

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-12, 02:44 PM   #6
davepreston

they tried they got there **** handed to them and now and since that day they have been moaning
my simple reply
feck off its ours
Old 14-02-12, 02:48 PM   #7
hardhat_harry

Funny they never bothered until someone found oil there in the eighties and now they have figured out how to drill it they are pressing their claim again
Old 14-02-12, 02:54 PM   #8
stewie

Yeah give the Fakllands back and we lost 255 british servicemen and 3 falkland islanders for nothing, never mind the 649 argentinians who died so that galtieri could throw his weight around.The falklands are british as long as the islanders want to stay that way, the fact is neither we nor the agentininans have the military clout to do much about it anyway, its a lot of sabre rattling cos its coming up to the 30th anniversary of the war and the fact that prince William is down there, it'll settle down soon enough I reckon.

Last edited by stewie; 14-02-12 at 02:56 PM.
Old 14-02-12, 03:11 PM   #9
Specialone

They have a real problem with the British for some reason, you'd think they would've learnt their lesson from last time.

It's a bit similar to the scots and the welsh hating the English I guess never understood it myself.
Old 14-02-12, 03:14 PM   #10
stewie

It's a bit similar to the scots and the welsh hating the English I guess never understood it myself.

I think theyre just jealous......I'll get me coat