SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 08-03-12, 01:21 PM   #1
SvSimon

Talking Brecon - 31st March

Rite, been looking over the route i posted recently for the brecon's and im thinking this... 113miles, 4hours (by googles reckoning)

-Start out at the Oasis Snack Bar in Abergavenny, meet at 10 for a brew and bacon butty to leave around half past.
-Lunch when we're coming up to / going round the top of Brecon, sure there'll be a burger van or the like for a brew and a snack
-Finish at the Skirrid Inn 5 miles north of abergavenny (maybe another cuppa tea) then head our own ways. With a lunch stop should get there about 3ish.

The tank will get brimmed at or near abergavenny so technically be able to do the route in one, but probably refill in brecon depending where lunch happens?

Map is below so take a peek...!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=209589892895761000339.0004ba4a325e48 cd8cc77

Sounds an alright plan in my mind but if there's a major flaw then do tell me, wont take offence ha.
Havent been on any .org rideouts or meets before let alone suggested one, so be nice and dont be shy!

Si
Old 08-03-12, 11:00 PM   #2
Runako

Default Re: Brecon - 31st March

Sounds good and I'm game so:

SvSimon
Runako
Old 10-03-12, 07:16 AM   #3
DrewDrew

OK
Old 10-03-12, 09:45 AM   #4
Springbokki

Looks good, not sure if I'd be able to tag along for the whole ride, but would be very keen to meet up along the way.
Plus would likely have a pillion, so wouldn't be going too fast

Will let the lot at uni know too, one of the lads is a member of the forum too.
Old 11-03-12, 02:54 PM   #5
Spriggy

I'll come if I can get the time off work
Old 28-03-12, 07:51 PM   #6
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Can't promise anything at the moment but might be along for this one. I presume the Oasis Snack Bar in Abergavenny is the Bus Station? If so having been there more than once, how will I know you're in the SV group, will you all be wearing red roses?

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-12, 11:07 AM   #7
SvSimon

Sorry i haven’t been a bit more proactive, life’s got in theway...

Yea, the oasis snack bar is in the bus station (NP7 5HF) soi guess i’ll make myself obvious and you can look out for a 07 plate pale blueSV?!? I tell ya what, i’ll pm the people that have shown an interest my mobileno. Drop us a txt sayin u can make it and we won’t leave without u! Hows aboutthat? J

The petrol strike needs seven days notice before it happensi believe so that shouldn’t be a problem, just a bit of extra time queuing ifpeople are still panicking!

Hope to see a few of u on sat, looking forward to it andkeeping my fingers crossed the weather holds up......

Si
Old 29-03-12, 11:30 AM   #8
blue curvy jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
Can't promise anything at the moment but might be along for this one. I presume the Oasis Snack Bar in Abergavenny is the Bus Station? If so having been there more than once, how will I know you're in the SV group, will you all be wearing red roses?
Pah thats decided me then if he's going i wont be!!!!!!!

( the fact that i will be in Devon trying to contain 30, 13-14 year old testosterone fuelled rugby kids on the pull has got feck all to do with it)

Enjoy
Old 29-03-12, 05:34 PM   #9
lemmings999

i may fancy this if my back and wrists are up to it, getting old now see
Old 29-03-12, 10:05 PM   #10
Runako

Thanks for the PM mate, unless hell freezes over I should be there.