SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 11-08-10, 10:21 PM   #1
Ed

Default What a place! #2

Came home on the A41 from Chester, I've never turned right onto the road for Wrexham before so as I had a bit of time I thought I'd see where it goes. Nice enough road, if a bit disappointing, and then into Wrexham.

Ye gods, it reminds me of Stoke on Trent. What a ****ing ****hole
Old 11-08-10, 10:24 PM   #2
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: What a place! #2

Strange you should say that Ed. I went to live in Telford and thought exactly the same
Old 12-08-10, 06:13 AM   #3
Brettus

Yeah only good thing about that road is a quick way into some of the welsh area beyond, skirting around Wrexham of course

The road from malpas to Bangor is-y-coed is shortest for me but the road isn't my favourite, loads of bends but mostly blind and poor road surfaces
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-10, 08:58 AM   #4
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Is that the A538 Ed? It's a bit straight that bit isn't it? I have to agree in the main about Wrexham, when I was made redundant in 2004 I drove taxis there for a while until I found another job in computers. It's an 'interesting' place at night.

Still, Wrexham's not all bad and the A538 comes in past the infamous Caia Park estate (where they had racist riots in 2003), so you didn't see it's best side.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-10, 07:16 AM   #5
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Is that the A538 Ed? It's a bit straight that bit isn't it? I have to agree in the main about Wrexham, when I was made redundant in 2004 I drove taxis there for a while until I found another job in computers. It's an 'interesting' place at night.

Still, Wrexham's not all bad and the A538 comes in past the infamous Caia Park estate (where they had racist riots in 2003), so you didn't see it's best side.
Yes that's the one, Mike. Never ridden it before, don't think I'll bother again Nor with Wrexham neither
Old 13-08-10, 08:52 AM   #6
no_akira

That's not a very constructive thing to say about poor old S-O-T.

Please remember its an old industrial town which is in the process of shedding an old traditional industry (pottery) that kept it in the dark ages compared to other modern citys. In its defense the people are friendly in a way people used to be years ago and they are industrious. People that can make a industry out of mud, water and coal have got to be given some credit. There is a lot of skill sets in Stoke but the city is going through big changes in an attempt to catch up. Yes it can appear a s*** hole compared to nice rural areas (shropshire) but its easy to judge a place on appearances only.

What has helped the town of late is it being wrapped around the M6 and it being located in the centre of england, this has meant its a favoured location for Distribution centres and Eddie Stobart et al. So there is still work. Which in todays climate could make a big difference to yours families well being.
Old 13-08-10, 12:58 PM   #7
Brettus

Don't be sensitive everyone likes and dislikes places, I have animosity towards Bolton but I couldn't tell you why, never even been there. Doesn't mean it's a bad place because one person on the Internet says so
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-10, 04:44 PM   #8
MR UKI (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_akira View Post
That's not a very constructive thing to say about poor old S-O-T.

Please remember its an old industrial town which is in the process of shedding an old traditional industry (pottery) that kept it in the dark ages compared to other modern citys. In its defense the people are friendly in a way people used to be years ago and they are industrious. People that can make a industry out of mud, water and coal have got to be given some credit. There is a lot of skill sets in Stoke but the city is going through big changes in an attempt to catch up. Yes it can appear a s*** hole compared to nice rural areas (shropshire) but its easy to judge a place on appearances only.

What has helped the town of late is it being wrapped around the M6 and it being located in the centre of england, this has meant its a favoured location for Distribution centres and Eddie Stobart et al. So there is still work. Which in todays climate could make a big difference to yours families well being.
And the home of many a good darts player
Old 13-08-10, 04:50 PM   #9
kellyjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettus View Post
Don't be sensitive everyone likes and dislikes places, I have animosity towards Bolton but I couldn't tell you why, never even been there. Doesn't mean it's a bad place because one person on the Internet says so
+1

I always get the heebie geebies when I go near Swindon, no idea why, never been there and its probably a perfectly lovely place!!!
Old 13-08-10, 05:37 PM   #10
Sean_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
+1

I always get the heebie geebies when I go near Swindon, no idea why, never been there and its probably a perfectly lovely place!!!
No, its a hole.

I've been to Wrexham, but I don't remember anything about it.