SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-08-06, 02:11 PM   #1
Kylie

Default Tis my anniversary

A year ago today I passed my test and went straight to my local dealer who just happened to have a lovely SK3 sitting on his forecourt. She was soon christened Kylie and we've been having fun since. Ridden her to work everyday (except 2 days when it snowed), ridden her in to Soho (though just once), been up to Holyhead and on the ferry, took the missus for rides too, done 8K miles or thereabouts. Not quite the same Kylie I bought, got a cuter tail now, few other gizmos too, and quite a few bumps and bruises (well, yesterday my insurer's marked her a category d write off but they are fools and she'll be back on the road next week).

Girlfriend thought the novelty would wear off but thankfully not. Not sure how to celebrate, can't go for a spin so its the pub I suppose...
Old 04-08-06, 03:02 PM   #2
Kate

Default Re: Tis my anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie
Not sure how to celebrate, can't go for a spin so its the pub I suppose...
Perhaps a second visit to Soho?
Old 04-08-06, 03:28 PM   #3
Kylie

Yep, I should try harder really....
Old 04-08-06, 03:31 PM   #4
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

What's the girlfriend's position now?Did she shove off when the novelty did'nt?

Maybe I should rephrase that.
Old 04-08-06, 04:23 PM   #5
Kylie

She's pretty cool about the whole thing. She likes coming pillion if there is a reason too, like there will be loads of congestion, or we can park somewhere for free. She booked a trip to France through the tunnel when she found some super cheap bike deal. Can't complain.

She wants to move inside the M25 and is using the Soho meet as a ransom. Me: "Fancy biking in to Soho tonight?", her "Too far, when we live in London we can go". Cunning woman.