SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-11-07, 02:06 PM   #11
Xan173

Default Re: Hooray it's CoD4 release day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePete View Post
G2D, is the PS3 really any better? Only asking 'cos a windfall has come my way and I can't decide!
Well, I voted with money - we have 2 360's in our house. Could have got a PS3 but they're limited for RAM, and made costly by the inclusion of a blu-ray drive which looks like being the next betamax.
Old 09-11-07, 02:16 PM   #12
gettin2dizzy

Now the PS3 has come down in price it's better value than the xbox. The ps3 is a complete package, no extras needed unlike the 360. As for blueray, more manufacturers and vendors are supporting blueray at the moment, and the sales also reflect it. I'd put money on the fact that it's here to stay. The 360 live thing though does seem like it's strongest point, there's a huge community already.
Old 09-11-07, 02:20 PM   #13
Bluepete
Mega Poster

I have to agree woth you g2d, the PS3 is available now with 60gb, two controllers and two games for £350. For that you get a games console and a Blueray player in one package. Blueray players alone costs at least £300 (online)

Oh and I love that biglittleplanet game! I watched the video clip abput constructing worlds and some of the gameplay is really cool!
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-07, 02:37 PM   #14
gettin2dizzy

the xbox 360 is more expensive by the time you've got wifi, controllers, network subscription, microsofts own drive. Gran turismo 5 looks outstanding! it even has the top gear track on!!
Old 09-11-07, 04:50 PM   #15
Vickster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Wizard View Post
Xan, got my copy right here next to me.. whats your LIVE ID? We'll hook up one evening perhaps and have a Taffia 'v' MoFo rucus ???
I am V1CKSTER and Xan is ....H1XAN5

I normally only play Rainbow 6 - Vegas, becuase I am not very good at anything else. Even Biker_Billy whips my ar.se now

Add me as a friend and we can try and hook up.
Old 09-11-07, 05:38 PM   #16
Xan173

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
As for blueray, more manufacturers and vendors are supporting blueray at the moment, and the sales also reflect it. I'd put money on the fact that it's here to stay.
Utter bobbins

Bobbins

Bosh

As for "complete" you can't add RAM to a PS3 but you can add a HD-DVD player to a 360 if you want it.
Old 09-11-07, 05:48 PM   #17
Biker_Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickster View Post
I am V1CKSTER and Xan is ....H1XAN5

I normally only play Rainbow 6 - Vegas, becuase I am not very good at anything else. Even Biker_Billy whips my ar.se now

Add me as a friend and we can try and hook up.

What do you mean even I can...are you suggesting that my gameplay was poor young girl???

Like my avatar? Tribute to New Years Eve...
Old 09-11-07, 07:37 PM   #18
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan173 View Post
Utter bobbins

Bobbins

Bosh

As for "complete" you can't add RAM to a PS3 but you can add a HD-DVD player to a 360 if you want it.
The 'European HD DVD Promotional Group' say that do they? Well they would be right
PC world headling 'Blueray outselling HD DVD 70% to 30%'
http://blogs.pcworld.com/digitalworl..._outselli.html

£120 for a HD DVD Drive?!

Last edited by gettin2dizzy; 09-11-07 at 07:41 PM.
Old 09-11-07, 08:42 PM   #19
MeridiaNx

I suppose it depends what you want from a game but according to this review the singleplayer is **** poor in terms of length. If you're a multi-player fiend then probably no worries (though I'm always wary of games where multi-player is a secondary concern) but to me a 5 hour campaign is disgraceful.

Maybe that's just me, but I find far more enjoyment from games that give a detailed, engrossing experience than the latest 'I look like hot s**t' game equivalent of a blockbuster movie - i.e. vacuous. Case in point, Bioshock = amazing due to design, story, direction, innovation etc. etc. Doom 3 = Pretty but boring as hell.
Old 09-11-07, 08:48 PM   #20
gettin2dizzy

True. But for people who don't have a ******s tan; it'll take longer than that, and even 5 hours is a long time to play!