SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-04-09, 07:18 AM   #1
plowsie

Default 'Awhh, those were the days' - childhood memories

Just on the bus to work. For some reason, today I remembered some of the dumb **** we used to do.

'Bus top racing' - only available in double deckers, start at the back seat get to the stairs and make it back and sat down on the back seat.
'Water balloons' - didn't last long, I hit the front window of the bus and got into some serious trouble (yes, it was dumb, I know that now).
'The ruck' - not like a normal ruck, only available on the bottom back seat, use the structure of the bus to help you crush your companions insides at the other side. Strong legs were beneficial.

I look back now and think, little tossers lol.

So, post some of the weird and wonderful things you used to do as a kid and wouldn't consider doing now.
Old 09-04-09, 07:26 AM   #2
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Default Re: 'Awhh, those were the days' - childhood memories

i wasn't involved but on the last day of term in year 8/9 i think some kids managed to smuggle a high jump pole onto the bus and throw it out of the skylight type roof openings while we were moving, thankfully a rural area with no traffic but bloody stupid

The there's the chip in my front tooth i got while playing "pass the punch" - I wasn't expecting the punch to get passed from behind while leaning over by bag so ended up going face first into the guard rail in front

Themn the usual eggs+flour at the end of term, i generally used to walk home that day cause much like airport security cheacking every bag doesn't seem to stop them
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 07:36 AM   #3
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
i wasn't involved but on the last day of term in year 8/9 i think some kids managed to smuggle a high jump pole onto the bus and throw it out of the skylight type roof openings while we were moving, thankfully a rural area with no traffic but bloody stupid

The there's the chip in my front tooth i got while playing "pass the punch" - I wasn't expecting the punch to get passed from behind while leaning over by bag so ended up going face first into the guard rail in front

Themn the usual eggs+flour at the end of term, i generally used to walk home that day cause much like airport security cheacking every bag doesn't seem to stop them
Reminded me of two more, one of them bus related again

'Rip the trim and hang it out the window' - Two kids got suspended for that

'French Boxing' - Punch the person that challenges you goes second, hammer them in the choice of arm, they then hit you back, the person to withdraw first obviously loses. I once saw it go to tears of pain.
Old 09-04-09, 07:38 AM   #4
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
'Rip the trim and hang it out the window' - Two kids got suspended for that
cassette tapes were a favourite on our buses, wasn't me that got involved in that though
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 07:40 AM   #5
plowsie

Haha
Old 09-04-09, 07:41 AM   #6
MiniMatt

We used to slap those little tomato ketchup sachets on the side of passing busses - I think somehow we'd gotten it in our mind that the driver would mistake ketchup for blood and think they've taken out a cyclist...... In hindsight, trying to make someone think they've killed someone is.... umm, that's actually pretty sick As it is I have no doubt all our victims thought was "feckers have ketchup bombed me again".

Either way, highly childish.

But then we were children.
Old 09-04-09, 07:51 AM   #7
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMatt View Post
Either way, highly childish.

But then we were children.
Exactly my point, you look back and used think yeah we'll do that cos it's funny.

It's actually so bloody stupid

Something simple like hanging something out the windows could've caused an accident. Water balloon at the bus driver, say no more .

Anyway, like I say, doesn't have to be bus or school related, can be absolutely anything...

Like - I used to think it was funny to go and rugby tackle peoples snowmen when it had snowed. Or, bend over behind someone and let someone else push that person over me...Oh wait, I did that at the Peaks Rideout with DavePreston to Seggons
Old 09-04-09, 07:59 AM   #8
Kinvig

um, I paid 35p once to get ot my house when really it should have been 50p.

Does that count?
Old 09-04-09, 08:01 AM   #9
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvig View Post
um, I paid 35p once to get ot my house when really it should have been 50p.

Does that count?
It may do if it made some sense.
Old 09-04-09, 08:09 AM   #10
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Keeping people on beyond their stop, taking their bag off the bus before their stop, waving it at them through the window then leaving it on the pavement, or worse in the gutter.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote