SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 13-10-07, 07:25 PM   #1
monkey

Default Anyone fancy a late night ride?

Just in from work and need to run in my bike after being inspired by Mr Rictus and his mileage marathons. Anyone fancy a ride? Will be leaving for the garage in about half an hour. Was thinking about doing the North and South Circulars back to home. Shouldn't go above 5 or 6K RPMfor another 100 miles til it's service so it's got to be local or slow A-roads. Oh yeah, and my headlight has about 3 candle power so there's no point going on country roads.

Post soon as if you fancy it.
Old 13-10-07, 07:44 PM   #2
metalmonkey

Default Re: Anyone fancy a late night ride?

Can't make it out tonight may be another time! What bike you got any way?
Old 13-10-07, 07:50 PM   #3
monkey

New black Daytona. Wasn't you in Soho last night? I'm the tall beardie man.
Old 13-10-07, 08:05 PM   #4
metalmonkey

yeah I was though I just couldn't remeber! How miles you got to before bike is run in? Mine is fully ran in, over 1000 miles done now
Old 13-10-07, 08:07 PM   #5
monkey

Another 600 miles to go! I could've got one already run in but didn't because I know where this has been, if you know what I mean. You the fella with the bumble bee leathers?
Old 13-10-07, 08:09 PM   #6
metalmonkey

Not me dude, I was wearing my textile gear gear last night, black bottoms, and reb/black jacket.....I was parked up in front of peter I have the K6 SV Sport
Old 13-10-07, 08:11 PM   #7
monkey

Sorry I don't know Peter! He he. Put a pic up on the Soho mug shot post.

I haven't even had the first service done yet but the fella I got it off bought it in Doncaster so I'm gonna have to pay for it.
Old 13-10-07, 08:28 PM   #8
monkey

Did I say half an hour? He he heh . I'm off.
Old 14-10-07, 12:15 AM   #9
monkey

Well I'm back and I'm on the sofa in my thermal vest and pants.

I can confirm that distance around the North Circular and South Circular and back to my garage is 76 miles give or take due to getting lost in East London and going through the Blackwall tunnel instead of over the ferry. Nice ride. Only 13 miles to go til I can put her in for the first service. I so wanted to open it up a few times. Tell ya what the steering is so different to the SV. The speed at which it feels like the bars are straight and counter steering takes over seems higher. I'm getting much more used to it now.

Oh yeah I've just realised something. If you see dirt on your beer can rim after opening it, take great care when blowing it out. I've now got K all over my laptop! Tw*t.

Old 14-10-07, 10:40 PM   #10
metalmonkey

Interesting ride? I got lost on the way home brands had my magical mystery tour of London, end up taking a random route back up to the city then got lost again casue the the usual road I take was closed doh! Well i mde it any way.....its great when the bike is run in, before I ike ohh don't want to too fast now I just for it!