SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Madlanders For those based in the East & West Midlands.

Old 19-11-11, 05:27 PM   #1
Icanopit

Default Another bike in the garage??

Well I AM THE ONE that stated back in early 60s I would never have an oiley Triumph after having kept Castrol in business with a Bonnievoil.
BUT today I have added a Triumph 675 Street Triple to the growing line up, now 4 with engines.

However I have had to promise that 1/2 will go (well see), wonder if she will believe me if it's pushbikes I get rid of
Old 19-11-11, 06:07 PM   #2
Specialone

Default Re: Another bike in the garage??

Nice

I had one as a courtesy bike for a few hours, very good bike to ride.
Old 19-11-11, 06:15 PM   #3
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Excellent! enjoy it.
Old 20-11-11, 10:22 AM   #4
Icanopit

Now smile?
The son in law came over to have a look, threw him the keys saying have a ride round the block, an hour later he arrives back big grin on his face.

Comes in the house and says "Guess we can cancel the reservation in the retirement home, your bound to kill yourself first"

Cant disagree, now to put the SV back to standard and get the FZR ready to sell, as I have decided to keep the Monster due to its low milage and low insurance.
Old 20-11-11, 01:11 PM   #5
SV Mad

Being so close to the factory would be rude to ignore Triumph. Nice ride.
Old 25-11-11, 07:49 AM   #6
rusty76

Nice one. Those Street Triples are a lot of fun
Old 26-11-11, 11:58 AM   #7
Icanopit

Hi all, have managed to do a few "dry" miles this week, since purchasing last weekend.
So far very impressed , only issue I have is suspension needs setting up for my weight and will do this via springs and oil as I do not want to mess with it as I guess this may be my last purchase.
The seat height is the best fit for my skrinking legs almost flat footed (at last), the weight is down also as against the SV another bonus.

I guess I wont get many more ride in's before the onset of winter, sadly I feel the cold too much these days.
Must go outside and get the SV stripped and ready for sale, fortunately having the use of other bikes it has only done 2k so should sell easily? I hope.
Old 01-12-11, 08:31 AM   #8
Flameboy

Sold the kit car for space and used the space for bikes haha, hope you're well John
Old 01-12-11, 09:05 AM   #9
Icanopit

Ello Ello Ello, I thought we had lost you, went past your grandads on Tuesday, almost called in to ask how/where you are.
Hope everything is ok and still in employment?? if your passing call in and have a cuppa ?? Test rides available with closed throttle ??

JOHN
Old 02-12-11, 03:01 AM   #10
Flameboy

Haven't lost me just yet i'm afraid, although i still get a bitter taste when i think bikes! Hoping to relight the fire (again) after christmas, ready for the tropical british summer. & i'll pop round sometime soon although i'm working a night shift at the minite so i'll have to find a day you're free too & i'll pop round to inspect the new bikes ( and quality of the tea )

Can't remember if you had mentioned before but were you looking for a new house near my grandads or just visiting friends?