SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 31-01-09, 10:08 PM   #1
oliciv

Cool London Bike Show

Went to the London bike show yesterday, first big ride on my SV (riding in from Wiltshire) with a pillion - London traffic was... an eye opening experience!

We knew vaguely the way we were going, but it is a little different in person than looking at a map.

Just when we thought we might be a bit lost, we met someone from these very forums who was heading for the show, waiting at some traffic lights.

He was kind enough to lead us the rest of the way across London, and back towards the motorway when the show was over. (Although we did lose him when we were getting close, thanks to our slightly less confident filtering skills)

So thanks not only for that (We'd probably still be stuck trying to leave the car park if we didn't have anyone to follow), but also for motivating me to finally get my own account here

Hopefully you can identify yourself from this picture

Old 02-02-09, 06:37 AM   #2
mustnt grumble

Default Re: London Bike Show

I went on the first day. Same old, same old to be honest, but I picked up a Shoei Raid 2 for £99, which was nice.

Shame I had bought another helmet 10 minutes earlier!
Old 02-02-09, 10:53 PM   #3
matt_rehm_hext

Hey Oli it's Matt here, the guy you were with all day.

Hope you enjoyed the show, you guys were a laugh and it was a good day. No problem, fellow bikers-especially SV riding .org'ers are all like a clan so it was a pleasure.

Yeah, London traffic is ****, and especially when that guy in the van did not look, and crossed the lanes almost swiping my back end.

Sorry to leave you at the end, but I needed to be somewhere and I understand being weary of filtering confidently in London.

I'm liking my new Caberg helmet, I hope I wasn't ripped off, I don't know what a shop price would be, and that anti fog stick is great, although I can't get it to work on the inner sun visor???

Glad you guys got back safe, encourage them to get on the forums (they are the most friendliest and helpful forums I've been on) and that picture....why was my mouth open, looks so wrong!!!

Matt
Old 03-02-09, 11:49 AM   #4
oliciv

Hi Matt, thanks again for your help

Don't worry about having to go on ahead at the end, as I said at the time, I didn't want us to slow you down too much, and it was pretty much one road back to the motorway after that anyway. We were very grateful for the help up to that point, so no need to apologise.

The anti fog stuff worked at least until I got home, haven't had to reapply it yet so I'm happy with it just for that!

I think Bean (on the back of the Ninja) said that he paid slightly more than that in a shop, so I guess you got a better deal than him at least

And regarding the picture... I could probably have picked a different one from the day, but where's the fun in that?
Old 03-02-09, 05:08 PM   #5
matt_rehm_hext

No problem.

Yeah it's good stuff but I'll have to try to figure out why it doesn't work on the inner sun visor. Ok cool yeah I've been looking at prices, seems i got it spot on or in some cases £10 cheaper, but I spent £50 less than I was going to so thats ok.

Haha, fair enough on the picture..

See you guys soon hopefully

Matt