SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-03-08, 07:08 AM   #1
gettin2dizzy

Question gettin2paranoid

I'm so tired of kids causing trouble in the street. I've posted on here many times about people trying to steal stuff / smashing windows / breaking in etc, but it's beginning to drive me mad. Last night I once again had a group of 4 hooded guys throwing paving slabs around in the street and choosing to sit right next to my bike. I went out and asked them to move on - which they did - but of course came back causing more trouble. I got barely any sleep because of it; every bit of noise and I was back at the window.

I know the bike and car are insured; but I don't want to claim and I don't want them to 'win'. Hence I'll go to extreme lengths to stop them. Currently I have :

? 2 x Series 4 Almax chains (one around wheel and seat, one around seat and lamppost)
? 1 x Oxford Monster (around wheel and seat again ? to stop wheel being removed)
? Datatool System 4 (to hopefully stop your opportunist).

But last night I started dreaming up getting a CCTV system from my bedroom window overlooking the bike / car. The bike sits 5m from the window, constantly lit by the lamppost. Am I getting paranoid or is this understandable?

Oh- and an 80 year old neighbour has just complained to the police my bike is parked illegally on the pavement. He?s a nosey bugger who checks everybody?s car tax every day. If I have to park on the road the bike is as good as gone. A chained up 1300cc bike was nicked 2 streets away last week.
Old 31-03-08, 07:14 AM   #2
DanAbnormal

Default Re: gettin2paranoid

I used to live in a place like this. Had about 3 back tyres slashed on my bike. Unfortunately the old beggar might be right. IT is an offence to park on the pavement I believe. The law sucks as if you park on the road it may get nicked and you are the only one who will lose out. Grrr.
Old 31-03-08, 07:17 AM   #3
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganDan View Post
I used to live in a place like this. Had about 3 back tyres slashed on my bike. Unfortunately the old beggar might be right. IT is an offence to park on the pavement I believe. The law sucks as if you park on the road it may get nicked and you are the only one who will lose out. Grrr.
Just plain vandalism?

I know he's right, but it's not causing an obstruction (he claims his mobility scooter can't get past). I'm also the only person who runs out in the street when kids cause trouble. He needs to choose his priorities
Old 31-03-08, 08:09 AM   #4
MiniMatt

A thoroughly evil thought just crossed my mind Solve two problems at once - next time the kids start hanging around, just calmly walk out, point to old duffer's house and say "see that bloke there, he reckons you're all a bunch of big girls blouses"

I'm going to hell for that one. And if you laughed, you're coming with me.
Old 31-03-08, 08:19 AM   #5
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMatt View Post
A thoroughly evil thought just crossed my mind Solve two problems at once - next time the kids start hanging around, just calmly walk out, point to old duffer's house and say "see that bloke there, he reckons you're all a bunch of big girls blouses"

I'm going to hell for that one. And if you laughed, you're coming with me.
*starts printing a sign*
Old 31-03-08, 08:38 AM   #6
gettin2dizzy

Or does anyone know a cheapo CCTV system?
Old 31-03-08, 08:57 AM   #7
blueto

aldi's do a good colour wirless one.

cant see it on there website but when i was in there on saturday they had loads
Old 31-03-08, 09:03 AM   #8
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueto View Post
aldi's do a good colour wirless one.

cant see it on there website but when i was in there on saturday they had loads
Spot on I'll have a look tonight
Old 31-03-08, 09:16 AM   #9
kwak zzr

i got a black and white one from argos watching my drive but when it goes dark i see nothing, i need a flood light putting up now.