SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-04-08, 10:25 PM   #11
trinyquist

Default Re: suzuki SV manual on disc (both gens+naked and faired) covers everything

Thats the badger Is it in one big file, or multiple smaller ones?
Old 05-04-08, 10:36 PM   #12
younggunns

Default Re: suzuki SV manual on disc (both gens+naked and faired) covers everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinyquist View Post
Thats the badger Is it in one big file, or multiple smaller ones?
dunno.
2 folders.
one for gen 1.
one for gen 2.
open the folder then there are 10 subfolders to cover each topic.
Old 05-04-08, 10:48 PM   #13
trinyquist

Righto, so there's different pdf's for each of the topics. If you're interested in digital delivery, here's how it would work:

ZIP or RAR the entire folder - or keep the curvy and pointy manuals in separate files to keep the file size low for the people who download it - and attach a password to the ZIP/RAR. Then upload it to somewhere like rapidshare and start a thread asking that if anyone wanted the manuals, PM you. Set up payment through pay pal or what not, then you send them the download link and the password.

Unfortunately, there's always the chance that someone will make the link and password public, and thus make it freely available but thats just the way it is. Of course, someone could do all that as well if you're posting out CD's to people who request them
Old 05-04-08, 10:50 PM   #14
younggunns

so triny.
did you want one then.
lol
Old 05-04-08, 10:52 PM   #15
trinyquist

Maybe ;D
Old 05-04-08, 11:11 PM   #16
ethariel

Or just do everyone a favour and upload it to Piratebay
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-08, 09:26 AM   #17
Tiger 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggunns View Post
sure that's a real good deal you had going there....
Soulkiss wasn't doing a deal mate, he was doing a favour.

What's your profit on a £4 CD, about £3.50? Doesn't sound like such a good deal for your fellow members of the Org.

Last edited by Tiger 55; 06-04-08 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-04-08, 09:53 AM   #18
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
You mean that for ?4 you will burn the information that is at

http://www.sv650.org/sv_manuals.htm

to a CD?
That info doesn't strictly cover both curvies & pointies. For example, the wiring diagrams.

However, for anyone that's really fussed, post up, and I'll scan the relevant sections of the Haynes Manual (which does cover both versions, naked, faired, European and US ).
Old 06-04-08, 12:25 PM   #19
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger 55 View Post
Soulkiss wasn't doing a deal mate, he was doing a favour.

What's your profit on a ?4 CD, about ?3.50? Doesn't sound like such a good deal for your fellow members of the Org.
And as what I did was to initially put it on some webspace I had and provide a link - no passwords etc, then have it moved into the files section of that site.

TBH I only bought the PDF because there is no Haynes manual for my Z750 and its not due until June.

I took great delight in then making it freely available - I dont really like supporting the sellers of that kind of thing....

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-08, 12:41 PM   #20
northwind
Mega Poster

I used to sell manuals on Ebay- nobody's going to get rich selling CDs for ?4, that's why I stopped. As he says it's not raw material cost, it's just time consumed. It's easy to "do a favour" but the number of people downloading the manuals is huge, I wouldn't want to supply that demand on disc myself if it wasn't doing me some good (and quite a few people have had these off me for free before as well as the GSXR ones- but it's all about the numbers)
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote