SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-04-08, 01:56 PM   #21
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: suzuki SV manual on disc (both gens+naked and faired) covers everything

yep it's all about numbers.

I'll have a couple of irons in the fire so bear with me. Should be sorted soon.

John
Old 06-04-08, 02:45 PM   #22
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: suzuki SV manual on disc (both gens+naked and faired) covers everything

I've just upload the curvy and pointy manuals to pirate bay. First time I've tried to create and upload a torrent, so I expect it to fall flat on it's face

I can see them listed in other>ebooks but they don't appear when I do a search. There's traffic on the router so I guess the files are being uploaded ready for seeding?

Sorry about my ignorance on this .

John
Old 06-04-08, 02:51 PM   #23
trinyquist

The way torrents work is that they are downloaded from other people who have the file, rather than the place you uploaded it. So for people to download the torrent, you have to have the file in your torrent client seeding. I'm trying to download it at the moment, but it doesn't want to download as there aren't any seeders Best way to do it is upload it to rapidshare as it does away with all that p2p malarky and just acts as a web based file host
Old 06-04-08, 02:56 PM   #24
younggunns

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I've just upload the curvy and pointy manuals to pirate bay. First time I've tried to create and upload a torrent, so I expect it to fall flat on it's face

I can see them listed in other>ebooks but they don't appear when I do a search. There's traffic on the router so I guess the files are being uploaded ready for seeding?

Sorry about my ignorance on this .

John
i didn't think i was gonna hit on a sore point by offering these disks.....
as i'm quite new on here and have asked many people for advice i would hate to get a bad name and offer my apology to anyone who is offended by my thread.

Last edited by younggunns; 06-04-08 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-04-08, 03:15 PM   #25
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Don't worry, I considered offering to cut CD's too, but the numbers are too big.I was looking for other solutions anyway and BT seems the ideal solution for large files.

I've seeded the files in my Azureus client, and they are being uploaded by someone.

I'll have a look at rapidshare too.
Old 06-04-08, 03:19 PM   #26
trinyquist

Wahey, its downloading now As soon as I get it, I can upload it to rapidshare and post the link - with your permission of course
Old 06-04-08, 03:27 PM   #27
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinyquist View Post
Wahey, its downloading now As soon as I get it, I can upload it to rapidshare and post the link - with your permission of course
Of course. I've updated the manual page on the main site to point people in the right direction, more seeds the better.

I can see four peers pulling the sk3 manuals at this moment.

John
Old 06-04-08, 03:33 PM   #28
trinyquist

Give it a couple of hours and it should be downloaded. Then i'll whack it on rapidshare and post the link here I'll get the other torrents as well (only downloading the 2003 onwards at the moment) and do them tomorrow
Old 06-04-08, 03:35 PM   #29
Baph

John, I considered emailling you on this subject, but saw little point as you're posting here

I'll still go ahead on the offer I posted in Forum/Site Suggestions. That way if there's any point where there are no seeds available, the manuals will still be.
Old 06-04-08, 05:47 PM   #30
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
John, I considered emailling you on this subject, but saw little point as you're posting here

I'll still go ahead on the offer I posted in Forum/Site Suggestions. That way if there's any point where there are no seeds available, the manuals will still be.
Sounds good. Belts and Braces approach. Thanks