SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-02-06, 08:02 PM   #1
SV Ste

Default Faired to naked

Hi folks

I know this has been asked a few times but would anyone have a list of the parts needed to convert a faired curvy to a naked, also what big jobs are needed other than the new parts.

if its easier i dont mind leaving the clip ons on as i think they look quite cool ( i know they are a bit of a pain in the back). And i wouldnt mind putting twin headlights on.

Here is afew things i thought of

naked clocks - any wiring mods?
naked headlight - any wiring mods?
indicators - any wiring mods?

Also it would have to be reversible back to a faired jobbie once i come to sell. I knoiw its easier to buy a naked but i love my bike and dont want to change for another.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve
Old 16-02-06, 09:20 PM   #2
zunkus

strange world. And I'm converting my naked curvy with bars to clip=ons and rear sets. Yes the connectors are different in all cases, clocks and headlight so you'll need to modify. I changed to SVS clip-ons as I've already said from the naked's handlebar which left me too much exposed to the wind and did not give that racery feel. I prefer my bike as it is now although due to different top yokes, the naked's does not allow the clip-ons to go as high as on the SVS. I was wondering wether the SVS top yoke fits to replace the naked's? I'd change that in case it does as, as it is, its a bit too low for comfort.