SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-07-07, 02:31 PM   #1
Ping

Default So, we went to the pub for lunch as usual...

My local had all the 'No Smoking' signs all over the place. There were more people than usual for a midday lunch hour, but no-one was smoking... and I have to say, despite being a non-smoker I found it an extremely dull place with no atmosphere.

Might as well go sit in a smegging coffee shop or something. I'm not totally sure why it feels like this, but I don't think I'll bother going to the pub at lunch anymore.
Old 04-07-07, 02:34 PM   #2
Viney
Mega Poster

Default Re: So, we went to the pub for lunch as usual...

But coffee shops dont sell beer
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-07, 02:39 PM   #3
Ping

Even that doesn't seem to make up for it...

We just all sat there feeling weird, not even bothering with ordering any food after looking down the menu. As soon as we'd finished our drinks we left 'cuz it was too weird.

Has anyone else been in a pub since the ban was put in place?
Old 04-07-07, 02:41 PM   #4
Grinch

Should have gone in the beer garden, all the drunk chav's and loonies would have been in there...

I like it... and I can say that as I've smoked.
Old 04-07-07, 03:00 PM   #5
keithd

i've not been to any boozer since we went smke free but will this weekend and can't wait!

gimme a pub with no atmosphere than one with smoke. a lousy atmoshphere wont kill me
Old 04-07-07, 03:05 PM   #6
Steve H

Ping, I have to agree somewhat, and I don't smoke.
As far as I'm concerned, Boozers and Fags (stop it) go hand in hand.
Don't agree with the 'police state' tactics in introducing this ban either.
Old 04-07-07, 03:05 PM   #7
Warthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
My local had all the 'No Smoking' signs all over the place. There were more people than usual for a midday lunch hour, but no-one was smoking... and I have to say, despite being a non-smoker I found it an extremely dull place with no atmosphere.

Might as well go sit in a smegging coffee shop or something. I'm not totally sure why it feels like this, but I don't think I'll bother going to the pub at lunch anymore.
So you go to the pub... to inhale second-hand smoke??? I went to the pub last night; it was like normal apart from there was no smoke, and as a result when I came home I had no stinging eyes, no sore throat, no smelly clothes and no cancer. This ban ROCKS.
Old 04-07-07, 03:15 PM   #8
Sudoxe

Was that the Alice or the pokey one on the corner?

I couldn't imagine that small pub without the useall fog.

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post

Old 04-07-07, 03:20 PM   #9
Ping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
So you go to the pub... to inhale second-hand smoke??? I went to the pub last night; it was like normal apart from there was no smoke, and as a result when I came home I had no stinging eyes, no sore throat, no smelly clothes and no cancer. This ban ROCKS.
That's over-simplifying my reasons for going to the pub somewhat. The pub we went to usually had a smoking side and a non-smoking side for the lunch hours and it never got even remotely so bad that you'd end up with stinging eyes.

Sudoxe: I'm back in the west end now, but the pokey one you mentioned is The White Hart, though we called it 'Smokey Joes'...
Old 04-07-07, 03:20 PM   #10
Wally

I work in the local pub on weekends, and cant wait to work this weekend with the smoking ban in place. Sick of coming home feeling like ****e and stinking to high heaven! Not to mention its going to be a LOT better for my health