SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

View Poll Results: Would You turn up to an unofficial Daisy chain run, in the name of multiple charities?
NO 1 16.67%
DAMN RIGHT! 5 83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-05, 12:05 AM   #1
tommyv

Default Daisy Chain run - not to be this year - im not happy!!!

hi ppl,

The daisy chain run has bin abandoned this year because the organisers are 'busy'. wtf?! it was started off by a gentleman who died a few years ago and these people took over organising it and this year they have announced it will not be. THEY EVEN SAID NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO RUN IT!!! cheaky b*stards.

Im seeing if i can get southcoast and southampton mcc to help organise it who recons thats a good plan and who would show up??
Old 07-03-05, 12:05 AM   #2
tommyv

DAMN IT, FORGOT TO SPELL CHECK - PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!
Old 07-03-05, 12:34 AM   #3
chris SVK3

Just because they are too busy does not mean the run still cant go ahead. Its great people organise these type of things but if some one else offers to organise it i can't see the problem.
Old 07-03-05, 09:15 AM   #4
mattSV
Mega Poster

http://www.daisychainrun.org/press/press06.shtml

It will be a real bummer if this does not happen again, as it was always very well supported by bikers (6000 last year despite the weather!), the police and the public. It was always a very well run event (even if it did take 30 mins just to get out of the car park!) and raised loads of money for charity.

I know that in the past Gilly and her team have had to put an enormous amount of time and effort into getting the day organised, however
I think that once an event gets this popular, things start to get a bit complicated and it would probably need someone working full time to bring it all together.
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-05, 12:57 AM   #5
tommyv

I dont think the police would ever talk to me about closing roads!!! they know my first name of the top of their heads but hell i enjoy a good thrash i just seem to get pulled when im legaly doing the speed limit and never on the a roads! right well i recon there should be somthing and if people can put up with a little less luxury in the name of charity then im gona do my best to make it happen. The other option is a bike meet rather than a ride i could get a few nice streetfighters to be there and a motorcross show easy, venue you ask? well i dont have a f'in clue bar the destination of the dasiy run - any ideas? this allows the public to have more interaction to realize bikers arn't nasty leather cladded holigns, ahem. it also takes us on private land where the fuzz are NOT invited - im joking they're welcome. as spectaters. but it means that roads dont need to be closed and health and safety dont have as much involvement.
Old 08-03-05, 12:57 AM   #6
tommyv

I dont think the police would ever talk to me about closing roads!!! they know my first name of the top of their heads but hell i enjoy a good thrash i just seem to get pulled when im legaly doing the speed limit and never on the a roads! right well i recon there should be somthing and if people can put up with a little less luxury in the name of charity then im gona do my best to make it happen. The other option is a bike meet rather than a ride i could get a few nice streetfighters to be there and a motorcross show easy, venue you ask? well i dont have a f'in clue bar the destination of the dasiy run - any ideas? this allows the public to have more interaction to realize bikers arn't nasty leather cladded holigns, ahem. it also takes us on private land where the fuzz are NOT invited - im joking they're welcome. as spectaters. but it means that roads dont need to be closed and health and safety dont have as much involvement.