SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-05-10, 02:43 PM   #1
LK-SV

Thumbs up Still my best ever biking buy - heated kit still working.

I never thought I'd get so much use out these ..... but still using them everyday in May !!

Heated jacket and gloves ..... best buy ever !!
Old 12-05-10, 02:57 PM   #2
hongman

Default Re: Still my best ever biking buy ..... still working !!

What ones you got? Where from? Price? I feel the cold a lot
Old 12-05-10, 04:17 PM   #3
Gabriel2k

Surely these are only useful for the pensioners on the forum?
Old 12-05-10, 04:43 PM   #4
LK-SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongman View Post
What ones you got? Where from? Price? I feel the cold a lot
Best things I ever bought .... nice even heat, even when there was a frost on the ground it was just like riding in the middle of summer, no hot patches ..... absolutely amazing ....

I've got the Biketek stuff ..... gloves were about £110 and jacket liner about £140..... would never go back to riding without it ...

re. Pensioners .... ......I don't feel the cold, but when commuting first thing in the morning (every day all year round) and riding home in the dark (in the winter) it makes getting changed much easier .... only need a long sleeve T shirt, or shirt under your riding jacket ... rather than dressing to look like Michelin Man !!!
Old 12-05-10, 05:32 PM   #5
GreyFear

My leathers stay pretty toasty all year round if im honest, and next time you fill up steal some of those gloves from the pump and slip em on under your gloves, they hold heat really really well and if your silly enough not to have waterproof gear they keep you nice and dry too
Old 12-05-10, 07:14 PM   #6
hongman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK-SV View Post
Best things I ever bought .... nice even heat, even when there was a frost on the ground it was just like riding in the middle of summer, no hot patches ..... absolutely amazing ....

I've got the Biketek stuff ..... gloves were about £110 and jacket liner about £140..... would never go back to riding without it ...

re. Pensioners .... ......I don't feel the cold, but when commuting first thing in the morning (every day all year round) and riding home in the dark (in the winter) it makes getting changed much easier .... only need a long sleeve T shirt, or shirt under your riding jacket ... rather than dressing to look like Michelin Man !!!
What are they like for protection though?