SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 02-12-09, 09:43 PM   #441
zobers

Default Re: Mallory Park - 28th November

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty76 View Post
I love zx7r's

I still need to use it on the road though and I'm a crusty old get who like's a bit of comfort. Mind you, Foz has got one and he's equally crusty
How do you know that? Have you 2 been keeping something from me? When I rode it the other day I found it very comfy compared to the 6. How about a street triple or something like that?
Old 02-12-09, 09:46 PM   #442
rusty76

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobers View Post
How do you know that? Have you 2 been keeping something from me? When I rode it the other day I found it very comfy compared to the 6. How about a street triple or something like that?
Street Triple would be great. I've ridden one and loved it.

but they're £5K (for the R model which is the one I'd buy)
Old 02-12-09, 09:48 PM   #443
zobers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty76 View Post
Street Triple would be great. I've ridden one and loved it.

but they're £5K (for the R model which is the one I'd buy)
Buy it anyway! Start buying flowers for wifey.
Old 02-12-09, 09:52 PM   #444
rusty76

Quote:
Buy it anyway! Start buying flowers for wifey.
I've just done a track day in November. I am clearly a tight fu(ker
Old 02-12-09, 09:54 PM   #445
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Ah the fact you want to use it on the road will put the prices up, you can get damn goo bikes for £1-2k but they're track prepped and tricked up most likely without v5. Still kicking my self for missing out on an srad + trailer for £1100.
It depends which way you want to go, I'm posting entirely in naivety as the only bikes I've had a lengthy go on are SV's, but personally I found the engine braking a massive, massive help on the track + the available power right from low revs. Now maybe the real brakes on a cbr or something would compensate for this but like the idea of cogging down and leaning in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post

FAO Dave: How did you find it in Novice. You reckon you could step up to Inters soon?
I felt more confident throughout the day, can see inters being a completely different kettle of fish. I might give novice another go in the dry and see how I find it. There were a lot of expensive bikes on the track - a possibility most of them had just never road ridden in the wet let alone gone on a track
Old 02-12-09, 09:58 PM   #446
TazDaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
I felt more confident throughout the day, can see inters being a completely different kettle of fish. I might give novice another go in the dry and see how I find it. There were a lot of expensive bikes on the track - a possibility most of them had just never road ridden in the wet let alone gone on a track
You were one of the quicker ones in the group as not many were going past me but remembered you went round outside at gerrards.

I'm wanting to do a novice only day at one of the other tracks where you get as much time as you want as I felt like I was only really getting into a rythym as the sessions ended! Need the bloody 33bhp to expire first though!
Old 02-12-09, 09:59 PM   #447
zobers

sv1000 is the way forward then. Front end is different to the 650 and you get the added bonus of more power for on the road if you feel like it.
Old 02-12-09, 10:07 PM   #448
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
sv1000 is the way forward then. Front end is different to the 650 and you get the added bonus of more power for on the road if you feel like it.
Good call, cheaper than a duke too. My only concern would be whether they handle fast enough. Don't know about anyone else but I found when I eventually hit the 'bus stop' bit of mallory at the right speed, on the sv, turning fast enough was slightly out of comfortable.
I've ridden an SV thou round burnham bends but I more bothered about dropping it than enjoying it.
Test ride
Old 02-12-09, 10:10 PM   #449
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazDaz View Post
You were one of the quicker ones in the group as not many were going past me but remembered you went round outside at gerrards.

I'm wanting to do a novice only day at one of the other tracks where you get as much time as you want as I felt like I was only really getting into a rythym as the sessions ended! Need the bloody 33bhp to expire first though!
Hmm still think the weather may have had something to do with that, I had storms on I was invinsible *

Me too, or I'd quite like to do an instructed day. I wanted to go round with a marshall at mallory but felt things only picked up in the afternoon so didn't do it as I felt I was running out of time. I was soo tempted to do another lap when we were leaving.

*actually I was ****ting it, had a lot of slips earlier on in the day. put this down to the new tyre/wet combo.
Old 02-12-09, 10:22 PM   #450
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Yeah, we were raping the faster bikes in the wet.

I think, dependant on the track i guess, you should think about coming up to Inters.

Maybe do the first one or two sessions then ask to move up...