SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum



SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 28-09-08, 06:40 PM   #1
TheStudent
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Curvy - Ignition controlled electrical power source under pillion seat?

Curvy - Ignition controlled electrical power source under pillion seat?

Well, as it says above, that's what i'm after to wire in an autocom kit, any ideas?

Thanks, Tom.
  Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-08, 09:17 PM   #2
carsounds_dan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Curvy - Ignition controlled electrical power source under pillion seat?

one near the fuse box, yellow or orange wire, i can't remember... i ran a relay off it to control the heated grips i use.
  Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-08, 02:59 PM   #3
TheStudent
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Curvy - Ignition controlled electrical power source under pillion seat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsounds_dan View Post
one near the fuse box, yellow or orange wire, i can't remember... i ran a relay off it to control the heated grips i use.
I'm just conscious of what i power it off that's all, don't wanna mess up my bike or the kit. The book recommends using the power supply to the tail/brake lights but I don't know where that is, failing that, just a fused power supply. Anyone know?

I had a look and found an orange wire taped in with a black/white one running past the fuse box, that what you mean? Can just see it in the top right. Do you know what this wire actually does?

Thanks, T.


Last edited by TheStudent; 30-09-08 at 03:07 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-08, 03:20 PM   #4
Grinch
Hello from Portsmouth!
Mega Poster
 
Grinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Portsmouth. Rides:SV650SK1, SV650SX & SV1000NK3
Posts: 7,855
Default Re: Curvy - Ignition controlled electrical power source under pillion seat?

Well the yellow wire should be the feed to your lights for high beam, and white is low beam.
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-08, 03:22 PM   #5
Grinch
Hello from Portsmouth!
Mega Poster
 
Grinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Portsmouth. Rides:SV650SK1, SV650SX & SV1000NK3
Posts: 7,855
Default Re: Curvy - Ignition controlled electrical power source under pillion seat?

This might help, sv-02 wiring diagram.
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-08, 05:58 PM   #6
carsounds_dan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Curvy - Ignition controlled electrical power source under pillion seat?

basically you need a fuse holder, a relay and an ignition wire.
put a wire to the battery + to the fuse holder, then from that to pin 30 or a 4 or 5 pin relay.
put pin 85 to ground (or the battery negative). find a wire that goes live when the ignition is turned on [i think that it's the orange one... i'll check next time i've got it in bits] put this to pin 86.
put the feed to the power socket to pin 87 and bob's your uncle.. you may need an earth with the power socket.. if you do earth it to the battery with the relay's earth.
don't go running sockets off of original wiring, the wires are designed to run their original purpose, not to have extras put on... they will burn out and blow fuses etc.
if you want any more advice let me know.
cheers
dan
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-08, 05:09 PM   #7
TheStudent
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Curvy - Ignition controlled electrical power source under pillion seat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsounds_dan View Post
basically you need a fuse holder, a relay and an ignition wire.
put a wire to the battery + to the fuse holder, then from that to pin 30 or a 4 or 5 pin relay.
put pin 85 to ground (or the battery negative). find a wire that goes live when the ignition is turned on [i think that it's the orange one... i'll check next time i've got it in bits] put this to pin 86.
put the feed to the power socket to pin 87 and bob's your uncle.. you may need an earth with the power socket.. if you do earth it to the battery with the relay's earth.
don't go running sockets off of original wiring, the wires are designed to run their original purpose, not to have extras put on... they will burn out and blow fuses etc.
if you want any more advice let me know.
cheers
dan
I'm new to electronics, have you got a link to an ideal candidate please?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-08, 05:48 PM   #8
TheStudent
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Curvy - Ignition controlled electrical power source under pillion seat?

Don't suppose you know of a live wire near the speedo too Dan? For a Road Angel.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-08, 05:50 PM   #9
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster
 
yorkie_chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax/Leeds
Posts: 26,638
Default Re: Curvy - Ignition controlled electrical power source under pillion seat?

Orange wire is switched live. That runs near front too, to clocks etc.

I'd run one relay from orange wire by fusebox, fused, then spilt that to autocom socket and to bars too.
__________________
SV spannering in West Yorkshire.
Servicing, Modification, Repairs and Suspension Tweaking
yorkie_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-08, 05:52 PM   #10
TheStudent
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Curvy - Ignition controlled electrical power source under pillion seat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Orange wire is switched live. That runs near front too, to clocks etc.

I'd run one relay from orange wire by fusebox, fused, then spilt that to autocom socket and to bars too.
That's what I was thinking, follow the wires all the way up under the tank.

Any advice on a relay Chris?
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
pillion seat curvy stevie16v Stuff Wanted 0 21-05-09 04:34 PM
Curvy pillion seat. Jester666 For Sale - SV's and SV related items 3 07-05-09 10:31 PM
Pillion seat for a curvy northwind Stuff Wanted 3 23-07-07 01:07 AM
Pillion seat for a curvy samsv650 Stuff Wanted 1 25-05-07 09:40 PM
Ignition Controlled Terminal behind Dials Tris SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking 5 11-12-05 09:31 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.