But that answers my question
Old 31-07-10, 11:17 PM   #52
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default Re: Doing the rideout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongman View Post
Im sure peeps would stop to help, but then that would/could possibly lead to a group breaking off as they are trying to fix/diagnose.

For those who know me a bit already, Im not worrying about it - just curious as to if there is an official "plan" to handle something like this
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
No there isnt normally. It would be down to you to ensure that

1. Your bike is in a fit state to complete the journey to the AR the rideout and the journey home.

2. You have some way of getting home i.e. recovery or breakdown etc etc

I'm confident that you would get all the help and asisstance to get you going and mobile again. Such is the way of the org nobody would leave you stranded, but there are somethings that you cant just fix at the side of the road. But IMHO the rideout wouldnt stop completely just because one person had had a breakdown. Yes one or two people would stop and you'd defo get help, but it'd be down to you at the end of the day.

As said in another thread, its not the job of the TEC or markers to carry tools, spares etc etc to get you going again if you have a breakdown. So you need to be prepared and self sufficent.

IMHO.
Quote:
I completely agree!

But that answers my question

Just to clarify the above and add a little. Yes, you will have a marker or the T.E.C. stop and help you should you break down or have any issues...BUT...you need to remember the following:-

You have to wave down a marker or the TEC if you pull over in a layby or car park somewhere as with so many bikes, we'll have no idea of knowing if you are with our group or not.

You have to ensure that not only is your bike fit to do the miles and that you're taxed, insured and MOT'd...but also that you have a breakdown cover that will get you home if you need it.

Now....about stopping...the rideout won't be stopped because someone has broken down, but that person won't just be left alone...we wouldn't do that to any of you
Old 01-08-10, 07:24 AM   #53
-Ralph-

If I breakdown and we cant get it started within 10 minutes, or I come off and the bike is not ridable, will insist that you leave me there. I have breadown cover, and a mobile phone, and I'm a big boy. As we said the rideout wont be stopped, and I wont have TEC, marker, or any other rider, falling so far behing the pack that they are left behind and miss the rest of the ride.

Excuse the crappy typing in the last few posts, Im away fromhome and on a pda

Last edited by -Ralph-; 01-08-10 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-08-10, 10:15 AM   #54
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
If I breakdown and we cant get it started within 10 minutes, or I come off and the bike is not ridable, will insist that you leave me there. I have breadown cover, and a mobile phone, and I'm a big boy. As we said the rideout wont be stopped, and I wont have TEC, marker, or any other rider, falling so far behing the pack that they are left behind and miss the rest of the ride.

Excuse the crappy typing in the last few posts, Im away fromhome and on a pda

Haha, typing seems fine Ralph...lol.

Good post above. It's there for people that will need it
Old 01-08-10, 10:57 AM   #55
timwilky
Mega Poster

One thing I would suggest to all attending the AR and especially the rideout.

Please take with you you licence, insurance cert, MOT if applicable plus breakdown phone numbers etc.

If we do attract the unwelcome attention of the boys in blue, we should be able to clear them quicker if we can show the docs instead of them having to check with DVLA, insurance bureau etc.
Old 01-08-10, 11:00 AM   #56
hongman

I've heard that the Welsh police are rather strict on bikes as well??
Old 01-08-10, 11:07 AM   #57
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
I've heard that the Welsh police are rather strict on bikes as well??
That's more North Wales.....you'll see a few about, but they are pretty chillaxed where we're going.

Chillaxed does not mean they won't pull you for speeding/riding dangerously though, so remember that you are responsible for the decisions you make on the road....try not to ruin it for everyone by getting yourself pulled!

Not aimed at you there Hong...lol, just in general
Old 01-08-10, 08:28 PM   #58
Red Herring
Mega Poster

See, I told you we need to send a fast group off ahead. They can draw all the heat for the rest of us......
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 08:46 PM   #59
hongman

Is that an offer RH?!

As soon as they pull you, you can show your badge, keep em occupied in rozzer chat, and we'll go by unnoticed!
Old 01-08-10, 09:18 PM   #60
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Trust me the last thing I would use is Rozza chat, nothing more guaranteed to make them go all official and do everything by the book! On the other hand, knowing that i would have done nothing wrong (of course) I might be a bit inclined to wind them up a bit....You probably wouldn't want to be the next person they stopped!
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote