SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-02-16, 08:03 PM   #31
AlexRider

Default Re: Motorcycle Crash - Aftermath

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyNemesis View Post
Hope you sold the footage to them otherwise they have completely ripped it from youtube, removed all references to your channel and any monetisation and plastered their logo on it and wrote an article with pretty much **** all detail and I'd take them for all they are worth.
I sold the footage to ViralHog who gave me £170 up front and 70% of any revenue they make, including selling the license to other media sources.

So far it seems to have racked up an additional $220 as they have sold the license to others too.

This is why it's going viral. Not sure if it's a good decision because it feels like the whole word is against me right now. But at least it spreads the message. Some people are ripping sh**** compressed videos from my YouTube channel so you can't see my speedometer, causing everybody to claim that I was hauling ass up that road. These have also been published with crap descriptions that make me sound like I'm doing everything I can to avoid taking the blame, which couldn't be further from the truth. Just read the comment on my YouTube video and it portrays a different picture.

Oh well, at least I'm achieving my goal of spreading awareness, and getting some money out of it. I can use it to repair my bike now
Old 29-02-16, 08:14 PM   #32
maviczap
Mega Poster

Switch off from seeing what they're saying, don't bother looking, they dont know the facts. What they're saying isnt going to change anything. Just watch the money come in, its free money
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-16, 08:21 PM   #33
TheOnlyNemesis

As stated above, they don't know **** and most of them hate us anyway. So just enjoy the money, build her back up with it maybe
Old 29-02-16, 08:38 PM   #34
AlexRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Switch off from seeing what they're saying, don't bother looking, they dont know the facts. What they're saying isnt going to change anything. Just watch the money come in, its free money
Quote:
As stated above, they don't know **** and most of them hate us anyway. So just enjoy the money, build her back up with it maybe

Both very valid comments. Sometimes it's a bit hard not to read them when it's plastered everywhere on the internet lol. But all things considering, a lot of people do already hate bikers; and most of the comments are probably from people who don't ride themselves. Oh well, lesson learned! Time to crack on with life
Old 29-02-16, 08:41 PM   #35
TheOnlyNemesis

Pretty much, some of the videos the biker is doing nothing wrong and you'll still get people blaming the biker. Some people just have issues.
Old 19-04-16, 09:25 PM   #36
AlexRider

Well well well, I really hit a sh*t storm with this accident.

Sorry about bumping this thread guys but it's better than making a new one. Just a quick update for you all: the driver I went into the back of is committing insurance fraud. Currently working with the police on this; I have every ounce of evidence that proves him guilty, along with further evidence that the police have provided.

- He's still denying it all and claiming he's legit which is the funny thing; making me out to look like the bad guy because I'm refusing to pay for the damage to his car. You can get stuffed if you think I'm paying for an uninsured driver. I'll keep you all updated on this.

Last edited by AlexRider; 19-04-16 at 09:26 PM.
Old 19-04-16, 09:43 PM   #37
Cymraeg_Atodeg

*gets popcorn and seat*
Old 19-04-16, 09:50 PM   #38
TheOnlyNemesis

Go to the daily mail comments and flaunt your justice boner
Old 19-04-16, 10:09 PM   #39
AlexRider

Quote:
Go to the daily mail comments and flaunt your justice boner
Haha, I'd love to. If only they still accepted comments on that article
Old 20-04-16, 06:30 AM   #40
Kenzie

Is he trying to claim off your insurance? If he is uninsured then surely he will be prosececuted?
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote