SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 06-06-06, 01:24 PM   #1
carty

Default Yellow Pointy K4 Naked - 2005 reg. *NOW £2750*

Hi everyone,

I have a deposit on another bike and to facilitate the sale going through I need to sell my current bike!

K4 Pointy registered on an 05 plate.
1,997 miles (may have a few more at sale time with the nice weather now!)
Colour matched hugger
Dealer fitted Oxford heated grips
Fender Extender (Not fitted - haven't got round to it!)
Alphadot

I bought this bike from Cheltenham Motorcycles and Scooters in October last year following having my previous SV written off. The bike was being used by their DAS instructor to follow pupils round so it was first registered to them. I picked it up with 650 miles on the clock.

There is a tiny mark on the frame and very slight scuffs on the exhaust where they brushed another bike against it in the showroom - that is why they were using it and sold it to me for a few hundred quid off. Otherwise mint and unmarked. Also can include a Datatool System 3 alarm which I took off the written off bike but have not had chance to fit (needs relooming).

First service carried out by them before I picked it up - I've not had to do anything since except occasionally wash it. Not seen rain under me - I've been getting my confidence back after coming off in the rain so I don't go out in it! Also only used for pleasure and local commuting as I have my car for work.

Price lowered to £2750! - Can email pics to anyone interested,

Thanks for looking,
Matt

Old 08-06-06, 12:40 PM   #2
carty

Price lowered
Old 11-06-06, 08:30 PM   #3
carty

Price lowered again - need to sell soon!
Old 13-06-06, 09:13 AM   #4
carty

Hi,

Does anyone have any interest in this at any price? There has been lots of views but obviously I am being optomistic with the price - if anyone wants to suggest a more competitive price please feel free!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 14-06-06, 03:52 PM   #5
carty

Price lowered....again!

Has there been no replies simply because no-one is interested or is the price too high or are people put off by the minor imperfections or what? Just wondering!

Looks like ebay for a quick sale as I have found the bike I'd like to buy, any interest will be considered now,

Cheers
Old 14-06-06, 09:15 PM   #6
ianofbhills

The way i see it is the people who visit this site do so because they already have an sv and therefore dont want to buy another one.

Have you advertised anywhere else?

stick it in biketrader or on ebay

good luck with the sale looks like a nice bike.
Old 21-06-06, 10:21 AM   #7
carty

I have lowered the price of this again if anyone at all is interested, also got it advertised on Biketrader; and will try MCN this week. I have looked in to selling it on ebay but if even if I only got £2500 for it ebay seemingly would take about £70 off me. Already had loads of scam emails too and getting pretty tired of them! If anyone knows anyone who wants a nice, low mileage, warrantied, taxed, naked SV please spread the word!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 21-06-06, 01:33 PM   #8
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Don't know where you got £70 from but it would be £6 listing, plus only £18.75 once sold for £2500 (plus £85 if you accepted paypal). Motors have lower final fees than everything else.
But you would be up against £2,250 for a 9K miler in Falkirk.

Nice bike, fair price, good luck
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-06, 01:39 PM   #9
carty

I looked the oher day at the fees and it said something like;

£1.87 up to the first £30, plus x % of the next £x, plus x% of the next £x, can't remember the exact percentages or figures but I worked it out at around £70 I think.

I might have to try ebay but as I said, I'm already sick of emails saying 'my agent will give you £5000 cheque, please give him change in cash etc' so I'm not sure I want to deal with further potential timewasters! Plus I don't like the idea that if its a bad week it could sell for £2000 odd and I take a big financial hit. I just want a nice ordinary sale!

Cheers,
Matt
Old 21-06-06, 01:48 PM   #10
Diveboy

I got bloody sick of those emails too so I decided to have a load of fun and still have too people on the go. One has sent me a bankers draft for £7000 which I set fire to and I'm emailing him the video of it tonight. . . Muwhahahahaha