SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 06-06-16, 01:31 PM   #1061
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

http://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digital...ed-/1172666584
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-16, 07:27 PM   #1062
Kenzie

Seen that before, been on there a while. Would be great but I don't have the space yet. Yoko, how about 222142860881? Its small, cute and looks like a baby Trip 35.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-16, 07:49 PM   #1063
yokohama

That's a nice little thing. I'm not sure whether she wants half frame pictures though. I need to get her to check out processing in China too and see how it works. The plan is (selfishly, so I don't have to take too much stuff over) I go over with a couple of film cameras, use them myself, then meet up with her towards the end of my stay and pass them over. So has to be something I can use too and most certainly not pink.

Received OM10 manual adapter today...finally. The first one got lost so the seller sent me another, and refunded my postage, which was good. It seems fairly straightforward to use and adds that bit more control.

Currently struggling with a new laptop and trying to figure out Win 10.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-16, 07:51 PM   #1064
Kenzie

Its like Win 7 but worse. I only upgraded so I can use PS4 remote play on my PC. All of the sneaky privacy stuff is turned off. I do have another Trip I could spare. Film tested. Its the one I put the Blue skin on. If your are interested of course? Been trawling ebay again. Really must stop, but its so hard!
Old 06-06-16, 07:52 PM   #1065
yokohama

Oh, also uploaded a couple of things to Google pictures to see how it works. Seems OK and it organises photos by date view or album view. It can also do other weird stuff I think, which I haven't looked at yet
Old 06-06-16, 08:00 PM   #1066
yokohama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
Its like Win 7 but worse. I only upgraded so I can use PS4 remote play on my PC. All of the sneaky privacy stuff is turned off. I do have another Trip I could spare. Film tested. Its the one I put the Blue skin on. If your are interested of course? Been trawling ebay again. Really must stop, but its so hard!
I know what you mean....I took a punt on another Minolta kit but I'm a little apprehensive about what state It'll be in...

The Trip would be a possibility but only if it's going spare. I'll see what the old one from ebay is like when it arrives.

Win7 I have to use at work but my home laptop is XP, I felt a bond with that one but no support any more, not even for Chrome. I've still got a Win 98 desktop upstairs that lets me play Half Life and Hidden and Dangerous..
Old 06-06-16, 08:02 PM   #1067
Kenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokohama View Post

The Trip would be a possibility but only if it's going spare.
I have three in my collection. Two black buttons and a silver button that I got boxed for a fiver from a bootsale. The Blue skin (black button) one was given to me so I have not problems passing on the love. skin was only £6 so I can always get another if I can be bothered. Would be good to thin out some duplicates. Won't part with the silver button though. It is loaded at the moment but with 400iso Lomo film for Night Tripping. Problem of this time of year is that its not dark 'til late. Unless you want the blue one and you can pass on the charity shop one? Got a thing for Minoltas like Johnny has rangefinders. Was it another ebay job?

Last edited by Kenzie; 06-06-16 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-06-16, 08:18 PM   #1068
yokohama

Not really got a thing for Minoltas but they seem to be a lot of camera for reasonable prices and there are plenty of lenses around. OMs and Pentax MXs are silly money. I should check out boot sales more often but I don't think I'll find any bargains like the ones you get.

The latest was Minolta was an ebay job, X500 in black. 322133506495 Reckoned I could sell the lenses and flash if necessary (though the vivitar 28mm has good reviews) and end up with a free camera. Bit of a risk, but I can send them back if they are junk. Then, after I'd bought, I looked really carefully at the last pic......
Old 06-06-16, 08:36 PM   #1069
Kenzie

That number right Yoko? Won't bring anything up. I just kind of get lucky I guess. Sometimes I score, sometimes I don't. Will go again once pay day comes. I bought a Pen EE for a fiver as it was listed as spares. All that is missing is the film door catch. Can always use the back off my Pen if need be. Trying to find a beater to nick bits off. Bit like Johnny said, everyone think OM or Pentax and hike the prices. Would love a Nikon slr but they go for stupid money. Hope I find one at a boot sale with someone who doesn't know what they have!
Old 06-06-16, 08:46 PM   #1070
yokohama

The number's right. I think it's hidden because it's sold. There's some way of viewing it - Johnny knows I think. Anyway, I'll see what turns up.
I've been fine with everything I've bought on ebay so far ....

I'll get back to you about the Trip later on.