SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Closed Thread

Old 23-09-09, 12:10 PM   #1
-Ralph-

Default The site's U rating

New thread to avoid completely derailing TLW's chain lube thread, regarding the photo's here http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?p=2042380

IMPORTANT NOTE: This thread is not a dig at TLW or the mods!. I haven't had any PM's so I suspect the mods concerned are otherwise engaged and perhaps haven't yet presided over it yet, and TLW has said straight away that he is happy to change the thread if the mods aks him to, so there is nobody at fault here, this thread is just discussion to avoid derail of the other thread which is definitely going to happen otherwise. TLW has put warnings at the top of the page and you need to ignore these warnings and scroll down to see the images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph-
TLW, I don't want to be a prat, but U rating?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
Don't want to interpret this wrongly and this question isn't combatant, it's just seeking clarification, so take it at face value. What's confusing?

The pictures wouldn't be allowed in a U rated movie, video game, or any other U rated media that was professionally rated and published. This means that if the site truly is U rated, these pictures wouldn't be allowed either.

Now if the powers that be, decide to allow the photo's that's absolutely fine with me, it's not for me to decide what content the .org should and shouldn't allow, but if that's the case then the site isn't truly U rated, it's 'what U want to allow' rated. Again that's fine by me, I understand the modding of the org is a dictatorship and I've never had a problem with that, nobody forces me to sit down in front of a computer and post on here, and it's one of the nicest forums on the net as a result.

Some of the other discussion points threatening to derail the other thread have been...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
TLW, I don't want to be a prat, but U rating? I know you stuck a big red warning in, but if a kid is browsing Daddy's favourites, this big red "Don't look down!" is going to cause them to do exactly that. Those images wouldn't make it into a U rated film or video game. Can you stick 'em on photo bucket and put a link to them or something so they don't just appear on screen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
Without wanting to turn this into a censorship debate I'd say any child not old enough to understand a photo like the ones here would probably be quite capable of finding more objectionable material accidentally via google and it's the parent's responsibility to actually look after their children and ensure they don't...

However...

If the mods think links would be better let me know and I'll change it...
Quote:
I agree, but but different parents have different ways of doing that, and it's a difficult thing to police unless your going to sit next to them. For many the answer is to install a parental web/content filter and trust that to do it's job, but this site will get thru 'cos it'll be classified U. As you say lets the mods decide and I'll say no more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
For those of us who view the forum upside down, ie most recent post at the top, or have very large screens, the warning doesn't work anyway.

Doesn't on mine. Also it wouldn't cut your fingers off cos it doesn't have any torque, rubbing gently on the clutch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Oh my - that's truly horrible.
Quote:
Doesn't the blood rush to your head?

Quote:
No that only happens on other websites
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin427 View Post
And what harm could it do? Either teach the poor mite not to touch daddy's/mummy's computer again or not to oil a motorcycle chain with the engine running. I bet the guy in the photos wishes he'd been frightend by these images as a child!

The photo's prove what I've always thought - Common sense just ain't very common.
Quote:
well it varies from psychological damage that isn't immediately apparent, to just being a bit upset. There's various levels in between such as nightmares and sleep terrors.

This is just some potential effects. I'm not giving an opinion on whether the images should be allowed or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
could make a claim for that pays quite a bit out.... we are paying 65k out to one girl who witnessed her sister break her ankle while at our ice ring and the poor sister is only getting 45k.......

Right who do i sue those pictures have given me daymares of doing the same!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
Do What?

One of the staff Kick her over or something?

Jeez!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
no they tripped on the ice!

Why would i want to touch the floor while riding it? Surely my feet would be on the pegs?
Quote:
OH SWEET JESUS

Was there no warning signs saying "Ice may be slippery"

Did I use enough ?

Oh well, a couple more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Out of court I assume?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
i broke my collar bone while playing ice hockey does that mean i can claim that from the ice ring? it was two years ago tho

sounds about true there but stopping would be funny to see.
Quote:
What idiot would put their fingers near a spinning chain anyway? The chain lube I buy comes with a wee tube and sprays a narrow jet of lube so your hand and the spray never need to get nearer than a foot away from the chain.

The ice rink thing is just ridiculous.

My screen res is 1280x1024, so I don't see the red warning anyway, until I scroll down on my mouse wheel, which is the same on my mouse as using the page down key, so I get the first bloody finger and the warning on the same page.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 23-09-09 at 12:19 PM.

Old 23-09-09, 12:11 PM   #2
-Ralph-

Default Re: The site's U rating

Quote:
Come on dude

The very first part of my post warned about the images...

If you have your computer set to scroll half a page with the mouse wheel and you didn't want to see them then you shouldn't have scrolled
Quote:
Yep, sorry. I had completely missed that bit. "Moderately graphic" is a matter of opinion though

Last edited by -Ralph-; 23-09-09 at 12:17 PM.

Old 23-09-09, 12:19 PM   #3
hovis

ralph, could you quote a few more people please?

Old 23-09-09, 12:21 PM   #4
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Horatio Nelson
Kiss me Hardy
Am I doing it right?
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
Old 23-09-09, 12:28 PM   #5
suzsv650

Quote:

haha!

This Forum is so Chuffing Lame sometimes.

Old 23-09-09, 12:29 PM   #6
cartytemp

I ain't got a problem with it. It's no worse than the graphics in Resident Evil or GTA or any of the other games kids these days play. In fact, it's so bloody it looks like a fake halloween hand!

Let it be.

Old 23-09-09, 12:31 PM   #7
-Ralph-

Quote:

Quote:
Am I doing it right?
Given that phrase is a modern euphemism for homoerotic behaviour, and with the number of blokes I have quoted above... Euwww, can you quote somebody else please?

Old 23-09-09, 12:36 PM   #8
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Given that phrase is a modern euphemism for homoerotic behaviour...
I wouldn't know
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
Old 23-09-09, 12:36 PM   #9
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartytemp View Post
I ain't got a problem with it. It's no worse than the graphics in Resident Evil or GTA or any of the other games kids these days play. In fact, it's so bloody it looks like a fake halloween hand!

Let it be.
Both games have been rated by various organisations as games for older teenagers.

Old 23-09-09, 12:41 PM   #10
hovis

now we are on about the U-rating, there has been some photos recantly in the burlesque thread which in my opinion are worse than a bit of blood, and i will tell you for why.

up untill now i have said the U-rating was a bit harsh, but i was on the org the other day in work, and the pics in the burseque thread came up, the girl i was working with made a bit of a fuss about it, saying should i be looking at that sort of thing in work?

Closed Thread