SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2012 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2012 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 11-06-12, 05:41 PM   #1
Stenno

Default Post AR "I need one of those" thread

i) Does anyone know where I can buy an inflatable mattress (Daddyjob has one but didn't know where from exactly) that's split into tubes that are all individually valved / pumped up. Thus you can choose your firmness and if you have a puncture you just lose one segment.

ii) Then as a consideration, anyone had any experience of joined up sleeping bags? Do they work well or do they zip up like crap and thus you should have bought a double in the first place?
Old 11-06-12, 05:48 PM   #2
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Post AR "I need one of those" thread

Stenno, i think the one i have is this: http://www.blacks.co.uk/camping/prod...ribute=4812663
And i'm not sure we discussed sleeping together at the next AR yet

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-12, 06:09 PM   #3
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Zip together mummy shaped ones are rubbish. No room to move about. Next year I'm taking the duck down feather duvet and pillows. Maybe just bungee my memory foam mattress to the bike too.

I'm going to buy a camping stove. It was lovely of my mum to bring me coffee from home but I can't take her to every AR.
Old 11-06-12, 06:12 PM   #4
DJ123
Mega Poster

LPH, i'd recommend one of these http://direct.asda.com/Asda-Portable...efault,pd.html smaller than the usual stove size and very useful

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-12, 10:02 PM   #5
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

No need, I just put something in the loft and found my gas lamp and stove under the 4th tent! My loft is like a branch of Blacks.

Also in the box, photos of me with black hair and a ring through my nose.
Old 12-06-12, 08:32 AM   #6
Mike_84_650S'99

Stenno as LPH said the mummy ones are rubbish and some of them you cant even zip together. I had my Superlight mummy with me and I couldn't even do it up round my shoulders hence freezing at night. Last year I bought a standard rectangular one for my lady and I think two of those you could zip together. But they are a bit more bulky and therefore take more space on the bike. But last year she was warm and I wasn't .

As for the mattress I've got an inflatable double size one with integral pump but you need mains to inflate it and it's big when packed and heavy so it's an option when you have a "support car". But the one you mean I'm sure you can get in Argos, Homebase or any store that sells holiday equipment. I've seen the one you want as a beach inflatable thing.
Old 12-06-12, 08:43 AM   #7
Mike_84_650S'99

Since I'm like a hobbit and can't go with only one breakfast and even more I'm the can't-function-without-a-morning-coffee person I think I need to invest in some sort of camping cooking equipment. Just a few quid in Halfords for a tiny stove but what a difference it makes. Then I won't have to bother Rictus in the morning although it does save him the hassle of having to go for water
Old 12-06-12, 08:57 AM   #8
Spank86

I was thinking the same thing stove wise, the wakeing up to tea drinking time was simply unacceptable.

Old 12-06-12, 09:18 AM   #9
Fallout
Mega Poster

I third the stove! Absolutely gagging for a brew in the morning, and when we got one, it was minuscule. I am a half pint brew type of guy.

Also, a new tent I think. Once again I got away with it, but it's only a matter of time before it rains and I drown in my sleep.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12, 09:27 AM   #10
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

You could always hire my mum as tea maker for the weekend. She turned up with stove, kettle, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and Penguin biscuits. Result.