SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2008 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2008 SV650.org's annual rideout.

Old 25-06-08, 05:25 AM   #1
stewie

Default Anyone a bit nervous ?

I know its a bit stupid cos Ive met loads of you and liked all the ones Ive met and look forward to meeting a few mates who so far have just been ORG buddies, but I cant help feeling nervous about next week, and I suspect I may not be alone, wierd huh ? anyone else feeling the same ?
Old 25-06-08, 05:46 AM   #2
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Anyone a bit nervous ?

No.

Then again, I'm not sleeping in a tent on the same campsite as Bear!

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-08, 07:39 AM   #3
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

Lol......not nervous.....just excited. Met a few peeps already and can't wait to meet more.

Hovis RIP Buddy - 13/08/1975 - 03/10/2009
"Feckinnnn Unluckkeeeeeeee"
Drew Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-08, 08:02 AM   #4
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
I know its a bit stupid cos Ive met loads of you and liked all the ones Ive met and look forward to meeting a few mates who so far have just been ORG buddies, but I cant help feeling nervous about next week, and I suspect I may not be alone, wierd huh ? anyone else feeling the same ?
The only thing I'm nervous about is there not being any pucks on hand when I turn up. I can't bloody find mine.
Old 25-06-08, 08:07 AM   #5
Samnooshka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
The only thing I'm nervous about is there not being any pucks on hand when I turn up. I can't bloody find mine.
Squash a drinks can and use that

I'm not nervous, more apprehensive... I have the dogs to think about so hoping they will be on their best behaviours for the weekend!!

Last edited by Samnooshka; 25-06-08 at 08:16 AM.
Old 25-06-08, 08:27 AM   #6
plowsie

Sam I'm not joking, please keep the dogs away from me, I will be fussing them all weekend, I really want them, they are huskies right?
Old 25-06-08, 08:38 AM   #7
Samnooshka

lol close!! LOL they are Alaskan Malamutes... about anothe 10-20 kg Bigger than huskies!! But not as bouncy or hyper! They do love to be fussed, but i will be watching them all weekend.

For anyone scared of big dogs please be assured i will not be letting them out of my site and they will be caged at night, and during the day they will be staked out with chains so they can't get loose. I will also make sure they are in their cages if i can't keep an eye on them for any reason. They will also be put away when there is food about. Lupo is used to being chained out as we do this at races in the winter... This is all new to Mina and she needs to get used to being staked out.

The reason for using chains... well they can both chew through a normal line, and also Lupo can pull 1 ton without really thinking about it... (he competes in weight pull competitions as well as racing during the winter) you should see the size of the stake we are using for him!!! (will bring his harness so if anyone gets stuck in mud he can help pull you out LOL!!!)

I want to have a fun weekend, where i can both enjoy the company of the .org and also have people enjoy the company of my dogs. I don't want to take any risks which could scare people or scare my dogs... This is also Mina's first experience with a lot of bikes but i'm hoping Lupo will teach her that they are ok as he LURVES bikes!!
Old 25-06-08, 08:44 AM   #8
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samnooshka View Post
lol close!! LOL they are Alaskan Malamutes... about anothe 10-20 kg Bigger than huskies!! But not as bouncy or hyper! They do love to be fussed, but i will be watching them all weekend.

For anyone scared of big dogs please be assured i will not be letting them out of my site and they will be caged at night, and during the day they will be staked out with chains so they can't get loose. I will also make sure they are in their cages if i can't keep an eye on them for any reason. They will also be put away when there is food about. Lupo is used to being chained out as we do this at races in the winter... This is all new to Mina and she needs to get used to being staked out.

The reason for using chains... well they can both chew through a normal line, and also Lupo can pull 1 ton without really thinking about it... (he competes in weight pull competitions as well as racing during the winter) you should see the size of the stake we are using for him!!! (will bring his harness so if anyone gets stuck in mud he can help pull you out LOL!!!)

I want to have a fun weekend, where i can both enjoy the company of the .org and also have people enjoy the company of my dogs. I don't want to take any risks which could scare people or scare my dogs... This is also Mina's first experience with a lot of bikes but i'm hoping Lupo will teach her that they are ok as he LURVES bikes!!
Not bothered, big cuddly dogs, I love them.

Ohh wow you have just given me the greatest idea ever!!!!!! If it is wet, dog, rope, ar$e, gooooooooo!
Old 25-06-08, 08:48 AM   #9
hovis

dogs?

oh dear.

you better not tell alpinestarshero
Old 25-06-08, 09:17 AM   #10
mrsgid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samnooshka View Post

are they good with kids as i have three monsters who love dogs well the baby mainly and she will try and get to them but she loves them