SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 09-07-08, 05:21 PM   #1
Stig

Default TVSF Camping weekend. Discuss...

As per title and following on from the derailed AR08 thread. It's been bantered about to have a mini AR experience involving exclusively members of the TVSF.

So let's discuss.

Topics raised so far are a trip to France. A trip to Worcestershire on Philbut's farm. Costs and time.

My personel choice would be to keep it in the UK. In fact I'd want to keep it within England. If for nothing else but to keep costs down and make it affordable to as many people as possible.
Old 09-07-08, 06:06 PM   #2
StreetHawk

Default Re: TVSF Camping weekend. Discuss...

I'm keen, but can only do it on the cheap.. Money is tight atm.. Not fussed where we go as long as there are some nice roads to ride
Old 09-07-08, 06:58 PM   #3
kat_s1

1 thing

HOT RUNNING WATER

dont need a tent coz i sleep in car, comfy, warm, waterproof n wont fly off.
Old 09-07-08, 07:08 PM   #4
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetHawk View Post
I'm keen, but can only do it on the cheap.. Money is tight atm.. Not fussed where we go as long as there are some nice roads to ride
I'm with you all counts. To be honest, I aint that fussed about the roads to ride. Just pitch a tent, get a mini bbq on the go and drink beer.
Old 09-07-08, 07:36 PM   #5
FG1

I'm in agreement with Si here. Nice roads would be good but I think that camping with mates and having a nice barby would take priority.
I am off to Turkey in August and everybody else at work is trying to get there holidays in so, a weekend where I am off on the Fri, Sat and Sun would be best for me. I get every other weekend off so hopefully I will be able to attend whatever we decide on.
Old 09-07-08, 07:42 PM   #6
Devil Biccy

I shall be free to ride in 3 weeks but maybe limited to the total distance I can do dependant on Heart Rate and also Doctors advice. If I can't ride then I will come in the car and pitch up.
Old 09-07-08, 08:04 PM   #7
StreetHawk

I suggest somewhere on the south coast.. Will have a look around and find a few options. Agree with above, camping, barby, beer and good company is priority
Old 09-07-08, 09:06 PM   #8
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
I'm with you all counts. To be honest, I aint that fussed about the roads to ride. Just pitch a tent, get a mini bbq on the go and drink beer.
I'm in for a cheap weekend.

Whilst I definately think we should pick a good route through the twisties to get to the campsite I personally would prefer the emphasis to be on having a laugh together ie ensure that we can stay up late drinking beers without worrying about what time we have to wake up in the morning.

UK would be best for me. One thing to consider, if we pick somewhere which is reasonably close then anyone who cant make the ride during the day can still come by car or bike for the evening festivities. Heck I might even be able to get the gf to join us?

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-08, 09:40 PM   #9
metalmonkey

Guys I would love to come along just hang out and ride da bikes I'm in between soho and TV, well someone has to be

If you do ahead and I'm around I will come, can#t make the bbq this w/end as I'm working On the upside I do have van which could used for moving stuff for the w/end but I'm not that close to many people where I am.
Old 09-07-08, 09:40 PM   #10
KnightRider
Mega Poster

New Forest is always an option. Its 1hr 30 by motorway (for those who just want to camp) and I am sure that we could find some decent roads to get there.

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote