SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 27-07-06, 10:32 PM   #1
Coddy_SV1000Z

Default First Outing Over Butter Tubs Pass

Been out for a ride tonight, went down to leyburn via scorton/richmond way. then from onto aysgarth and hawes. Came back over butter tubs pass down into reeth and just have to say that they are some of the best roads that i have been on in my short time riding. Anyone else been over that way much?
Old 27-07-06, 10:55 PM   #2
rob13

I was out over that way the other week with Extreme3D. Never been down that road and i think it runs the Helmsley TT close for excitement. Brilliant road must do it again soon
Old 27-07-06, 11:39 PM   #3
MidgetMoose

I went for a ride to hawes the other week and i came back that way, i was not navigating though so im not sure if we did the roads were great though.

Blackburn --> Settle --> Hawes --> Leyburn --> Colne and home again.

was pretty good a small humpback bridge caught me unaware though and serious discomfort the the groinal region
Old 28-07-06, 07:36 AM   #4
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgetMoose
I went for a ride to hawes the other week and i came back that way, i was not navigating though so im not sure if we did the roads were great though.

Blackburn --> Settle --> Hawes --> Leyburn --> Colne and home again.

was pretty good a small humpback bridge caught me unaware though and serious discomfort the the groinal region

Love that ski ramp. A few on the north south found themselves airborne on the way into Hawes.

Personally I am not a huge fan of the Buttertubs pass as it tends to get wandering cagers ruining my ride.
Old 28-07-06, 11:47 AM   #5
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Love it....

nough said....

Going over there tomorrow... 'cos Im back from my Exercise....( or manouvers in civi spracken )
Old 30-07-06, 09:34 PM   #6
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky
Love that ski ramp. A few on the north south found themselves airborne on the way into Hawes.
Indeed

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote