SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-12-04, 04:42 PM   #1
a1a

Default SV650 Naked Uncorked (Not!)

I was wondering if I was the only rider on the Form riding a stock SV650. That is stock silencer, air filter, air box and ignition timing. I've considered a slip-on silencer. But for the life of me, I just can't see cutting a perfectly good stainless steel exhaust system. I also thought about a full titanium exhaust system. But again the cost for those bad boys is ridiculously expensive. I would like to here from others still riding corked or stock SV's and your thoughts on this subject. Cheers, Richard
Old 10-12-04, 04:45 PM   #2
Carsick

Mine is stock in all the respects you mentioned. I've done a few other things, though.
I have to say, first chance I get, money wise, a quill t3 is going on, possibly a high level if I find a decent set of soft luggage that I can afford.
Old 10-12-04, 04:45 PM   #3
chazzyb

You're not alone.
Old 10-12-04, 05:03 PM   #4
Sudoxe

Nope. Stock blue K3 nekked. (With Carole Nash palstered all over it)

Dan
Old 10-12-04, 05:05 PM   #5
a1a

Carsick, What does desnorkling a fuel injected SV consist of and what does it do?

Thanks chazzyb for your response.
Old 10-12-04, 05:38 PM   #6
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1a
Carsick, What does desnorkling a fuel injected SV consist of and what does it do?
I'd forgotten about that.
On the K4 all you need to do is push the rubber snorkle out of the airbox cover. It looks like it goes back in ok afterwards.
Should increase airflow a bit and makes a nice induction noise. I haven't raised the tank though, so it'll probably do more if/when I get round to that.
Old 10-12-04, 05:46 PM   #7
coombest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsick
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1a
I'd forgotten about that.
On the K4 all you need to do is push the rubber snorkle out of the airbox cover. It looks like it goes back in ok afterwards.
Should increase airflow a bit and makes a nice induction noise. I haven't raised the tank though, so it'll probably do more if/when I get round to that.
It'll also nicely wet your air filter if you get caught in the rain!!

(I de-snorkled mine, rode it for a week or so, jet-washed it & then checked the air filter... it was drenched!!)

I made an alternative snorkle from some plastic (as the standard one is a lot smaller than the hole in the op of the airbox) but when I twisted the throttle hard, it collapsed onto the hole in the airbox, suffocating it somewhat!! It came off straight away & the standard snorkle went back on the next day!

The SV1000 snorkle's fitment is the exact same size as the 650's though and is a lot less restrictive (it's a lot bigger!). You can buy one direct from Suzuki or you might find one on ebay... I didn't bother in the end though & got over 80bhp out of mine!!
Old 10-12-04, 05:49 PM   #8
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by coombest
It'll also nicely wet your air filter if you get caught in the rain!!
That might explain why I got stung for a new air filter on my 4k service. Oh well, I'll go looking for a sv1k snorkle, and if I can't be bothered with that I'll put the thing back in eventually.
Old 10-12-04, 06:51 PM   #9
H-Gerickemark

stock apart from the mods listed below, only cosmetic, does everything I wanted it to and not advertiseing with a loud can or bright paint, but Ive got to say if i didnt have to cut the pipe to change the exhaust it would have gone a long time ago.

mark
Old 10-12-04, 09:08 PM   #10
shutdown

mines standard too but i've only had it 4 weeks so not had chance to knacker it