SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-03-07, 07:43 PM   #11
grecian9

Default Re: 1st Brown Trouser Moment

Hey...I nearly hit a pedestrian on Friday. That was the biggest brown trouser moment I've had so far. I was trundling up the outside lane of Leeds ring road where it passes under the M621. It was rush hour traffic so the other two lanes were crawling. Some geezer waiting at the crossing decided to step out in front of me despite me having my lights on and hi-vis jacket on (the lights were green). Although I was only doing 30mph ish there was not a chance in hell of me stopping. I got onto my rather pathetic standard horn and held my course - there was no where to swerve to really. He heard the horn and was literally 5 ft from getting wacked when he jumped out of the way. So glad I didn't lock the brakes and ditch the bike into the central reservation!
Old 11-03-07, 09:34 PM   #12
philipMac

Default Re: 1st Brown Trouser Moment

I am inclined to agree with fizz there... something up with that much of a step. I have spun up the rear in the wet, and had it do sort of creepy crawly skips in the dry, but normally the front end is also squirming around in a very unpleasant way too at that point.

Is it possible that the chain is loose or something weird like that? Or are you a big guy? (...thinking about the shock being almost bottomed out)