SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-04-07, 05:16 PM   #1
krhall

Default Sunny Weather Problems???

today has been the first day since riding that I have been in nice weather to and from work, which was fantastic.

However the sun kept getting me and meaning I had to slow right down at certain points, because it was blinding me and getting dangerous.

So the question is how do the rest of you cope with this?

Also my textiles that I have been wearing over my normal clothes are bloody hot (even with the inner thermal layer removed) what does everyone else wear in summer?
Old 05-04-07, 05:37 PM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Sunny Weather Problems???

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
However the sun kept getting me and meaning I had to slow right down at certain points, because it was blinding me and getting dangerous.
I use a tinted visor for exactly this reason, or you could try sunglasses under your clear visor.

Quote:
Also my textiles that I have been wearing over my normal clothes are bloody hot (even with the inner thermal layer removed) what does everyone else wear in summer?
Leathers, mine have vents in so I keep nice and cool ish on a hot day, as long as I'm moving and theres some air flow.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-07, 05:38 PM   #3
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Quote:
However the sun kept getting me and meaning I had to slow right down at certain points, because it was blinding me and getting dangerous. So the question is how do the rest of you cope with this?
If you tip your head forward a dab such that the sun is above the level of your vision it's a bit easier, not an absolute fix but certainly helps. I haven't seen them for a while but there were tinted strips available that you put actross the top edge of your visor, (sadly a bit like the sunvisor strip atop the windscreen of many old Cortinas etc), I didn't personally find these useful, but some did - might be worth a look'

Quote:
Leathers.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-07, 06:05 PM   #4
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Tinted visor all the way!
Just make sure you're back before dark... made that mistake a few times... *doh!*
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-07, 06:11 PM   #5
riktherider

decent set of sunglasse. my oakleys work a treat...and come dark take them off!! no need to worry about a tinted visor....although my other lid has one anyway.
Old 05-04-07, 06:25 PM   #6
Tiger 55

Sunglasses.

Leathers.

Bound to be raining again soon anyway
Old 05-04-07, 06:40 PM   #7
Blue_SV650S

I've got bobbins on my visor so I can install 'tear-offs' ... you can get dark tear-offs, I use them in the summer, the beauty is that you can 'tear' it off and stick it in your pocket when it gets dusk Also they are 100% legal (unlike dark visor).

I wear the same leathers winter and summer, just have a jumper underneath in the winter. I sweat like a pig in the summer, but I'd rather that than loose all my skin if I have an off ... its always easy to re-hydrate ... not so easy to grow new skin
Old 05-04-07, 09:11 PM   #8
Chabbychang

A Caberg helmet with black visor (same as in top gun)

I feel the need....the need for speed!!!!!!!!