SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2005 Annual Rideout To discuss and plan this years get-together

Old 06-06-05, 04:12 PM   #101
wheelnut

What I want to know is where did you all park your cars and trailers? :P

There were bikes in the Little Chef car park which had shiny swingarms, wheels and exhaust pipes, some even had polished sprockets. Obviously too busy polishing them to ride anywhere

And another question. Is it easier to ride at the front of a pack or at the rear or even in the middle.

I know you can sucked into trying to follow my leader and come unstuck, but there were a couple of times on the way to the rideout I felt like I was overdoing it yet the others just followed me round with no complaint

Old 06-06-05, 04:16 PM   #102
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

I shudda walked around a bit more really looked at all the SV's=- didnt seem to have any time! I want to polish my forks!..I wantan undertray- was an ideal time to discuss such issues...as there were lots there with those done !!

my fault- I should have made the time at tesco etc and we had lots of time at L chef- just me being shy !
Old 06-06-05, 04:20 PM   #103
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelnut
And another question. Is it easier to ride at the front of a pack or at the rear or even in the middle.

I know you can sucked into trying to follow my leader and come unstuck, but there were a couple of times on the way to the rideout I felt like I was overdoing it yet the others just followed me round with no complaint
It's a bit variable, but generally the very back is faster because of the yoyo effect and having to rush to catch up after all the little delays that affect such a large group. The front is very slow because they have to be, so the best place for a chilled ride is in the middle.
I started about a third of the way back and it wasn't quick at all. I then stopped at a certain marker point next to a big hedge and then rejoined a long way behind and had a slightly quicker ride till we caught up with the main crowd several miles later; still didn't go as quick as I would have liked, though.
The second part of the ride seemed to flow alot better than the first. The groups were more spread out and there was more opportunity to ride at exactly the pace you liked. I found myself latching onto groups for a while through twisty bits with no hope of overtaking safely or just because they were at a nice speed, then when I was ready I'd move on.
Following the leader didn't seem to be a problem. I use a group to help me guage what's going on up ahead, but I still make my own judgements on what's coming. Examples of this were when another rider and I broke away from one of the back groups and charged through a load of twistyish bits. Despite the fact that I've ridden with the other guy a bit and know what to expect from him, I still backed off more than he did, simply because I was getting near my own limits.

Old 06-06-05, 04:38 PM   #104
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Quote:
I then stopped at a certain marker point next to a big hedge

the "comfort" break !!!

which incidentally I do believe even then Scoobs happenned to be beside you !!
Old 06-06-05, 04:57 PM   #105
shutdown

I saw that fazer rider walking around while waiting for the police/paramedic to wave us out of the junction. He seemed to be in one piece so I think the bike took the worst.

The second stint I rode in the middle of the pack and once you learnt the riding style of the guy in front it became a nice ride. Think we had an incedent free ride all-round. I nearly dropped the bike on the saturday ride-out just before going into tescos which filled my leathers but that was about it.

Still want to see if we make it into any local newspapers "Bikers decend on village and leave a trail of destruction....well, they burnt the grass at the campsite"

Old 06-06-05, 05:01 PM   #106
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigourneysbeaver
Quote:
I then stopped at a certain marker point next to a big hedge

the "comfort" break !!!

which incidentally I do believe even then Scoobs happenned to be beside you !!
This is all getting out of hand! (Misquote away)

Old 06-06-05, 05:20 PM   #107
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

out of hand--- scoobs ur the worst to pounce on anything with a double entendre! and you have (like saturday night) laid yourself wide open !
Old 06-06-05, 05:45 PM   #108
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigourneysbeaver
out of hand--- scoobs ur the worst to pounce on anything with a double entendre! and you have (like saturday night) laid yourself wide open !
Maybe its all very innocent and they were simply comparing.....

strategies on hair growth and loss i mean of course

Anyway i think they are both top blokes so no more mickey taking me thinks.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 06-06-05, 05:49 PM   #109
shutdown

Scoobs was a well house trained guest in my tent so none from me

as long as carsick gets his pint juggling up to scratch next year should be good

oh and all bike keys are hidden from him after a visit to the pub

Old 06-06-05, 05:53 PM   #110
mysteryjimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown
Scoobs was a well house trained guest in my tent so none from me

as long as carsick gets his pint juggling up to scratch next year should be good

oh and all bike keys are hidden from him after a visit to the pub
And coerdelion (sorry for spelling).....