SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-01-08, 01:03 PM   #1
plowsie

Default Paris - Things to do!

Hi guys and Gals

Some of you may read in the what you doing at the weekend fred that I am booking Paris for Kay for her bday (she dont know). Now the flights look like they are gonna be poo ones so we only gonna have a full day to do stuff, now obv i wanna go see the eiffel tower, always wanted to and i know she will, now what other things can i take her to do? I alread know shoppin is there.
Old 11-01-08, 01:04 PM   #2
pmapp
Mega Poster

Default Re: Paris - Things to do!

Propose to her

If at first you don't succeed - use more gaffa tape.
pmapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-08, 01:05 PM   #3
Mike2165

Go for a boat ride down the Siene, see a few sights that way.
Old 11-01-08, 01:13 PM   #4
Jay1

Go up to Scre Coure. It is absolutely stunning and the view of the city from up there is amazing.
Old 11-01-08, 01:15 PM   #5
Pedro68

Bonjour mon amis +1 for the river trip - that's supposed to be good - nice n romantic You can do shopping anywhere ... if you've only got a day in Paris, I'd consider that a waste really IMHO. Eiffel tower is good ... run up n down those steps and you'll lose a few pounds
Old 11-01-08, 01:18 PM   #6
Jay1

Go up to Scre Coure. It is absolutely stunning and the view of the city from up there is amazing. Also go to the arc de Triomfe (sp) the view from the top again is superb and you get to watch the cars trying to get round the worlds most ridiculous roundabout. Then wonder down the main shopping road that the arc is on. It's a long road and the is the obilisk and fountains at the bottom, with the louvre a bit further on. It is a very long walk though so needs to be a nice day to walk the whole way down.

I went to Paris a couple of years ago. It had never appealed to me but I knew the other half fancied it. I was amazed by the place. I would go back again tomorrow. There is so much to see, you will not fit it in in one day. I would definately do Scre Couer though.

Also the latin quater is very very nice. and Notre damme cathedral there is an impressive sight.

Enjoy.
Old 11-01-08, 01:50 PM   #7
keithd

as mentioned, go to the sacre couer, absolutely stunning and when leaving go right to the monmatre area behind the cathedral, its where the artists do their thing. loads of cafes there where you can people watch and watch the artists plying their trade

get on the metro to place charles de gaule, go up the arc d' triomphe, from there walk down the champs elysees, keep going til you get the le louvre, from there you are a short walk from notre dame cathedral. from there get a boat up the seine to l'tour eifell

a day aint enough, go back for a weekend!! its one of my favorite cities (if you;ve not guessed!!)
Old 11-01-08, 02:09 PM   #8
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd View Post
as mentioned, go to the sacre couer, absolutely stunning and when leaving go right to the monmatre area behind the cathedral, its where the artists do their thing. loads of cafes there where you can people watch and watch the artists plying their trade

get on the metro to place charles de gaule, go up the arc d' triomphe, from there walk down the champs elysees, keep going til you get the le louvre, from there you are a short walk from notre dame cathedral. from there get a boat up the seine to l'tour eifell

a day aint enough, go back for a weekend!! its one of my favorite cities (if you;ve not guessed!!)
Wot he said , my missus took me for me birthday a few years back for the weekend, I told anyone who would listen 'great Im off to bloody Paris for me birthday' BUT, I can honestly say that Paris is one of the most beatiful cities in the world, Ive been back 4 times in the last 3 yrs do sacre couer, montmartre, Champs Elysee, Eifel tower is usually packed with long quese to get on it, you wont beleive how tall it is, go up to the trocadero and get some photo,s from there, the louvre is worth a look if you,ve got time but it is huge and you could easily spend a week in there and not see it all, do a seine boat ride, have a bottle of wine in the jardin de luxembourg, sit in a cafe on the champs elysee and watch the world go by, be careful about buying drinks, 19 euro,s for a pint in a jazz club, mmm not nice, have a wander around the sorbonne, cheap beer cos its all students, you will love it mate get yourself a city transit pass as well, covers buses trains trams etc, when you going btw ?
Old 11-01-08, 02:24 PM   #9
Ping

Play spitting games off the top of the Eiffel Tower.

Old 11-01-08, 02:48 PM   #10
keithd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
Play spitting games off the top of the Eiffel Tower.

on an ipod? you do mean spitting games by snow patrol?