SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-01-09, 12:16 PM   #1
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Default Big tins of Quality Street & Roses - What to do with all the rubbish ones left at the end?

When you get a big tin of roses or quality street, all the nice ones go first, then the ok ones, then all the carp ones are left at the end.

What do you lot do with them? You know the ones I'm talking about. The rock hard toffee's which pull fillings out (be they pennys or battons), the coconut ones or any of the others which are left that don't go well with a cuppa.

One thing I've started doing is using empty wrappers (WHY DO PEOPLE PUT THEIR EMPTY WRAPPERS BACK IN THE TIN WITH THE REMAINING CHOCOLATES?) to re-wrap ones which are left, hence the coconut one is re-wrapped in a big purple one wrapper, then when someone thinks "ah ha! Big purple one! Jackpot!", they'll unwrap to find it's actually a coconut eclair thingy....

Or should I just shut up and stick them in the bin? advice plz

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 12:18 PM   #2
Baph

Default Re: Big tins of Quality Street & Roses - What to do with all the rubbish ones left at the end?

I'm sure Dizzy can help with where to put left over chocs...

*runs quickly*
Old 10-01-09, 12:19 PM   #3
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Default Re: Big tins of Quality Street & Roses - What to do with all the rubbish ones left at the end?

ah ha! now why didn't i think of posting them to dizzee before! pm sent

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Old 10-01-09, 12:22 PM   #4
missyburd

Roses are far nicer than Quality Street, far less of those are left over I find. I like the disguising of chocs in nicer wrappers, however you might find people end up spitting them out in your general direction Also if someone was allergic to coconut and ended up getting one you might feel a little guilty...

Take the wrappers off and put them in little bags then give them to any kids you know, they're not generally fussy lol. Or melt them in a big pan and make some sort of flapjack or cake with them?
Old 10-01-09, 12:25 PM   #5
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
... Or melt them in a big pan and make some sort of flapjack or cake with them?
That is quite possibly the best idea anyone has ever had ever. You got any recipe suggestions maria?

Old 10-01-09, 12:30 PM   #6
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
That is quite possibly the best idea anyone has ever had ever. You got any recipe suggestions maria?
Erm flapjack mainly lol. Or a sponge cake with the choc substituting icing #shrug# Let your imagination go wiiiild!
Old 10-01-09, 12:33 PM   #7
-Ralph-

Just make rice crispie cakes with them.
Old 10-01-09, 12:33 PM   #8
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

I had two tins of Quality street and my god why the hell do they can them Quality Street?

They were awful!!!

Those penny toffee things had foil in the middle of them??? Every single one.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 12:36 PM   #9
MrTom

I'm sure that there are plenty of big issue sellers out today freezing their goolies off. Why not give your chocs to them and make their day?
Old 10-01-09, 12:37 PM   #10
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Speirs View Post

Those penny toffee things had foil in the middle of them??? Every single one.
In the middle? surely that's a health hazard, send 'em back!