SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 02-06-18, 05:51 PM   #5151
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFCdxNSCnOQ
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 09:52 PM   #5152
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Haha, love it. I passed on the beaten up Super Ikonta, which went for £32 in the end! Been a while since I shot and 120 so I loaded the one folder I have which works properly - 1937 Certo. I have a 645 mask for it now so I'm going to try that instead of 6x6. Confused myself and loaded the film three times. You can wind it in either direction, for 645 the normal way it has two red windows for the 6x9 numbering on the backing paper. I then reloaded in the opposite direction to use the 645 numbering but then wasn't sure which window to use, and found that later cameras that used those numbers have the red window in the centre, like 6x6 but higher, not on the left and right, so how to make sure both the first and last shots actually land on the film? In the end went back to plan A and will use the 6x9 numbers twice. Hopefully not crumpled anything with the rewinding. DOH! Need to get the case fixed, the strap is coming off on one side where the leather has perished, it'll give way so I can't use that to carry it. Anyway, we have a 1940s day next weekend so will take a few snaps, hopefully the sun is out this year!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 07:28 AM   #5153
Kenzie

I get that sometimes with 645 and half frame 127. Wind 1 to window one, then 1 to window 2, then 2 to window one etc. Going to try and adjust some of the light meters I have to read properly, they are a little off. I also 3D printed some more lens caps for my Trips and the RC.
Old 03-06-18, 10:12 AM   #5154
yokohama

Johnny, is it 'remember the war weekend' or something? There's a 1940s day next weekend here too.

I hope they haven't banned Jerry like this lot. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-43655322
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 10:16 AM   #5155
Kenzie

Its sad when they ban stuff like that. It happened and it would be sad to airbrush out that part of our history just in case we upset anyone. Been developing today, roll of HP5 from the Seagull and a roll of Agfa Vista from the refurbished Trip. Get to see if the focus is right. My bathroom is 25c which is exactly what the C41 kit needs for a slightly longer dev time.
Old 03-06-18, 01:06 PM   #5156
Kenzie

A few from the Seagull, much better with a working shutter! Infinity seems OK.

A few from the rebuilt Trip 35, focus seems OK. Developed at 25c in Digibase C41 kit.

Chicken on the left got too close, but rest is in good focus.

Old 03-06-18, 04:05 PM   #5157
yokohama

Those look good and the Seagull lens is reasonably sharp.
I've half a roll of HP5 in the Ricoh 500 so will try to finish that next weekend at the 1940's event. I hope there's some German stuff there but doubt it. Shame as their gear and weaponry is much cooler from a design perspective.
I went out today once it had stopped raining and finished what was in the OM1. I don't like the way its light meter needle jerks around so will be interesting to see if things come out correctly exposed.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 04:49 PM   #5158
Kenzie

I tend not to bother with the in-built meters unless I have the right battery. Mostly use a light meter app and set it myself or use sunny 16. The German engineering was good in some places but over the top in others. The still use a variant of the MG42 today as the MG3.
Old 03-06-18, 06:49 PM   #5159
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

The 1940s day here has been going 2-3 years, not sure why they are popping up all over the place now. Mate from work does re-enactment, they've had no bother yet, I think he usually dresses as a Nazi. Like you say, it's just a part of history, if anything I think it's great that it's done as you would never get to see what the other side looked like, it's not really like glorifying things, although Trump and his cronies have some funny ideas about history, global warming etc.!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 07:29 PM   #5160
Kenzie

Did you go in the end? Not done much apart from chill out and develop some film.