SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 06-05-16, 05:23 AM   #371
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Dog ate my homework.

i'll aim for half six, but if no one turns up by seven I'll probably make a move.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-16, 09:53 AM   #372
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
I don't know, haven't been inn such a long time as I've been bikeless for so long
Chris if you walk out of the gate at Lord's you'll find within 100m a big red thing with wheels on it called a bus. It travels right the way down to the end of Shaftsbury Avenue which is a 2 minute walk from Frith St. I came to Soho for years without ever needing to use a bike.
Old 07-05-16, 04:33 AM   #373
rictus01
Mega Poster

well it would seem the Soho meet has gone the way of the dodo, had a brew and off home.

Shame really was once a regular weekly thing, first went just before Christmas in 2001; I guess it means there won't be any new members from here on out.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Old 07-05-16, 06:06 AM   #374
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Part of the problem is the people who might go if prompted now use Facebook or Whatsapp to chat and don't visit the Org to even see a post saying anyone is going.

I only really go on here now for the photo threads. Aside from that I'd say Chris is the only other person who'd look at the Soho thread, but then he'd only stand you up like a dodgy Tinder date and go to the pub with a 50 year old woman instead!
Old 07-05-16, 06:42 AM   #375
rictus01
Mega Poster

Oh I'm no different, in fact I've spent most of last month re-connecting with people I'd lost contact with over the past couple of years and to be honest it was either txt or facebook in all the cases, seems a shame those new to riding haven't the opportunities that were once about.

And you're right; I didn't meet up with Chris, but we did have a half hour phone chat later;besides I doubt I'd bother if I was only meeting myself.....boring old git he is you now
Old 07-05-16, 03:30 PM   #376
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

I hope you guys don't fold. Now I seem to be settled in to the contracting life it's inevitable that I will find myself up in London for a stint at some point. As I really don't want to do Friendface I'll be sticking to the org and I'd hate to end up all on my own.
Old 07-05-16, 07:38 PM   #377
rictus01
Mega Poster

Bit late for that Trev, I had to stop going nearly two years ago, it seems to have died shortly afterwards and as LPH says not many even now look on the Org, I guess you might get a few turn up if say one of the old regulars was to post up and throw it out through facebook as well.
Old 27-05-16, 05:18 PM   #378
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

And to prove your point Rectus, I'm posting weeks after the last post to see if anyone is going to be at soho tonight... As I'm already here!
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-16, 06:59 AM   #379
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I'm here instead...
Old 29-05-16, 05:40 PM   #380
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Where is that LPH, looks lovely.
I was actually at soho!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote