SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-12-09, 05:15 PM   #1
the white rabbit

Default What's the minimum size for a garage to be a garage?

Having some work done and probably eating into the end of my narrow but long garage. Like most normal people, a car is the last thing I would keep in it.

What is the minimum size that should I come to sell I can still justifiably (sp?) call a garage. I know it can be any size in theory (I think) but there must be some agreed standard.

I've a feeling it is a mahossive 4.8m, sufficient for a small car but unmahossive for a normal car.

Anyone know, especially what they do on new developments where garages are about as small as you get, sometimes?
Old 20-12-09, 05:29 PM   #2
Nostrils

Default Re: What's the minimum size for a garage to be a garage?

A mate has an integral garage, his XR2 (how old?) was OK, but his C Class doesnt fit without squeezing between the car and a support....and he is too big!

Take a look at this site, it might have the information you are looking for!

http://www.garageplans.co.uk/index1.html
Old 20-12-09, 06:26 PM   #3
the white rabbit

My straw poll is 5m so far, including the site you show, Nostrils. Bah, going backward or coming forward will be more wonga.

Prepare for my next thread, how small is your computer room / office
Old 20-12-09, 08:39 PM   #4
speedplay

I rented a 10 year old house in Northampton when I first moved here a few years ago.
The house came with a garage where I put my car through the week as I was in kingston and wanted to keep it safe.
Now a Mondeo st220 isnt a massive car but I had to get out of it, push it into the garage and leave it with the handbrake off as I couldnt open the door if I drove it in!