SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 13-09-08, 10:47 AM   #1
BrainsOnToast

Default For sale - Black '99 SV650S Curvy

Hi all

Price drop to £1350

I'm selling my black curvy SV650S (V plate) as I need the cash to rebuild my flat. It's got 26k miles on the clock, is taxed until end of July 09 and is MOTd until 27 November this year. It's currently outside my house under a cover in SW London.

It's got nothing wrong with it at the moment - recently I had a small oil leak that was traced to a loose hose - this has been fixed and the bike has been cleaned up.

The chain and sprocket set has been replaced in the last 1500 miles; I think the tyres (Conti Road attacks) have had about 3000 miles put on them.

New high rated YTZ12S Yuasa battery - kept in shape with Optimate (not included)

The exhaust has been replaced with a Fuel Titanium can with removable baffle (it sounds _awesome_ without the baffle in...). I've still got the original exhaust, but you don't need it to pass the MOT as the Fuel can is stamped (as long as the baffle is in!).

I've replaced the OE screen with a Fabri dark smoked (almost black, see pictures) DB screen. Still got the original screen as well.

I've taken off the rear seat and pillion grab rail and put on a Suzuki seat cowl. Obviously I still have the rear seat and grab rail!

I've also removed both pillion footpegs, and have put on a custom shaped and sprayed can hanger to support the exhaust. See the pics - it looks great. I've also sprayed the infills under the main seat to match the paintwork on the body and can hanger.

Small number plate which has never had any problems with the police or MOT - I think I've got the original plate somewhere as well.

R&G crash protectors have been fitted to the engine, which have never had to be used

The indicators on the front have been replaced with Motrax mini indicators; the rear indicators are mounted on the body of the rear chassis and the numberplate hanger has been drastically cut back to tidy up the rear of the bike.

Replaced the original lights with new Philips blue-white, and the "sidelight" is an LED unit.

There's a Datatool Veto Evo alarm system registered with Datatool and with all the keys and codes. It's also been Alphadot'd and registered.

All the original paperwork, manual, service history, all original Suzuki keys (including the red master key), V5, MOT and tax history are available.

I'll also throw in the Haynes manual, an Oxford Stormex cover (really good, no problems in the recent inclement weather) and 1.5m Motrax chain.

I'm looking for £1350 now - but make me an offer!

Pictures:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Back Rear LHS.jpg (107.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Back Rear RHS.jpg (99.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Front LHS.jpg (94.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Front.jpg (102.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg LHS.jpg (101.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by BrainsOnToast; 27-09-08 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Price drop yet again
Old 13-09-08, 10:48 AM   #2
BrainsOnToast

Default Re: For sale - Black '99 SV650S Curvy

More pictures:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ODO.jpg (71.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Rear RHS.jpg (108.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Rear.jpg (77.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg RHS.jpg (119.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 15-09-08, 01:14 PM   #3
BrainsOnToast

Is £1700 too much to ask for this? Anyone got any comments?
Old 15-09-08, 01:25 PM   #4
Dappa D

not sure mate...but can tell u i bought my 2000 x reg sv650s with viper end can, single seat cowl + pillion seat, 2 extra teeth on rear sprocket, f fabri tinted sceen, yrs tax yrs mot, heated grips, slightly higher mileage for ***********....

nice bike tho

Last edited by Dappa D; 15-09-08 at 01:33 PM.
Old 15-09-08, 01:29 PM   #5
BrainsOnToast

In which case, I shall lower the price to £1500!
Old 15-09-08, 01:32 PM   #6
Dappa D

yea i think thats a good shout and a good price, should get some interest in that

good luck!!

ill delete my post thinking abt it lol...
Old 15-09-08, 01:35 PM   #7
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainsOnToast View Post
Hi all

I'm selling my black curvy SV650S (V plate) as I need the cash to rebuild my flat. It's got 26k miles on the clock, is taxed until end of July 09 and is MOTd until 27 November this year. It's currently outside my house under a cover in SW London.

It's got nothing wrong with it at the moment - recently I had a small oil leak that was traced to a loose hose - this has been fixed and the bike has been cleaned up.

The chain and sprocket set has been replaced in the last 1500 miles; I think the tyres (Conti Road attacks) have had about 3000 miles put on them.

The exhaust has been replaced with a Fuel Titanium can with removable baffle (it sounds _awesome_ without the baffle in...). I've still got the original exhaust, but you don't need it to pass the MOT as the Fuel can is stamped (as long as the baffle is in!).

I've replaced the OE screen with a Fabri dark smoked (almost black, see pictures) DB screen. Still got the original screen as well.

I've taken off the rear seat and pillion grab rail and put on a Suzuki seat cowl. Obviously I still have the rear seat and grab rail!

I've also removed both pillion footpegs, and have put on a custom shaped and sprayed can hanger to support the exhaust. See the pics - it looks great. I've also sprayed the infills under the main seat to match the paintwork on the body and can hanger.

Small number plate which has never had any problems with the police or MOT - I think I've got the original plate somewhere as well.

The indicators on the front have been replaced with Motrax mini indicators; the rear indicators are mounted on the body of the rear chassis and the numberplate hanger has been drastically cut back to tidy up the rear of the bike.

There's a Datatool Veto Evo alarm system registered with Datatool and with all the keys and codes. It's also been Alphadot'd and registered.

All the original paperwork, manual, service history, all original Suzuki keys (including the red master key), V5, MOT and tax history are available.

I'll also throw in the Haynes manual, an Oxford Stormex cover (really good, no problems in the recent inclement weather) and 1.5m Motrax chain.

I'm looking for £1500 - but make me an offer!

Pictures:
I wish this had been advertised 3 months ago
Old 15-09-08, 01:43 PM   #8
BrainsOnToast

Why not buy another one? Mine's in the coolest colour, even if yours appears to be in the fastest...
Old 15-09-08, 02:20 PM   #9
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainsOnToast View Post
Why not buy another one? Mine's in the coolest colour, even if yours appears to be in the fastest...
Cause I don't have a spare £1500 :P
Only bought mine cause it was so darned cheap! Would love it to be an S though.
Old 16-09-08, 12:07 PM   #10
Lucas

would you consider selling the seat cowl separately?

cheers