SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-01-08, 06:47 PM   #1
Horney

Default Anyone know where I could find a tax disc sticker to mount the disc on bodywork?

The title says it all!

I hav removed the tax disc from its usual place and have planned to put it low down on the belly pan, however I can't find a sticker to monunt it with. I have seen them on a couple of bikes and just wondered if any of you guys have ever done it?

Cheers
Old 10-01-08, 06:56 PM   #2
sv650k4

Default Re: Anyone know where I could find a tax disc sticker to mount the disc on bodywork?

try ebay m8 you will probley get wot you want on ther.
Old 10-01-08, 09:26 PM   #3
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Default Re: Anyone know where I could find a tax disc sticker to mount the disc on bodywork?

Is this what you're looking for

http://www.motrax.co.uk/index.php?pa...t&product_id=1

should be able to get one from any motrax dealer
Old 10-01-08, 09:59 PM   #4
chris8886
Mega Poster

and if it's that easy to remove it'll get nicked in now time!!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-08, 10:05 PM   #5
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
and if it's that easy to remove it'll get nicked in now time!!
Put a photocopy in there, stick the real in a zip lock under the seat, you shouldn't get any problems with that.
Old 10-01-08, 11:57 PM   #6
Sean_C

I might have to do this. Took my tax disk out today to clean the holder on the swingarm, and the disc was soggy
This is after the bike hasn't been outside for 2 weeks or seen water for slightly longer :-/
Old 11-01-08, 09:44 AM   #7
Lozzo

What's wrong with hanging a proper holder off the caliper mounting bolt, like everyone else does?
Old 14-01-08, 01:01 AM   #8
Horney

I did it and it didnt look right. I'm going to play around with this as am quite fussy about my bike. Might bung it up on the screen again though.
Old 14-01-08, 08:38 AM   #9
K

I've got a cheapo car one that sticks to the inside of the screen...

... black & white photocopy goes in there and the original is in my wallet - the copy has got 'Theft Protection - Original With Owner' written across it.

Reasoning - a colour copy can look like it's trying to be 'legal' if you get my drift and you could get done for fraud or sommat. A black & white one is obvious and with the writing it's also obvious why it's there.

I've been asked to show the original a couple of times by both traffic wardens and police if they've been by the parked by when I gone back to it, but each time they've all said it's been a reasonable precaution.

Been doing this for about 19 years.