SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 18-12-06, 07:26 PM   #1
Rossi_C

Default Do you remember . . . . .

Firstly, I can believe that my login details for the forum remain active after so much time of inactivity? One of the admin must have expected my return sometime . . . . thanks for that!!!!

A few years ago (seems much longer) I was a regular at the Soho Massive and had a blast on many rideouts with Jonboy, Rictus, BigApe and many more of the regular Soho crew. Last time I was about the place I was involved in an accident involving my bike (with me on it) . All of a sudden I left London for the North West and sold my bike to concentrate on work. Having left the Police Service behind I started working with accountancy and am really enjoying it at the moment. Having said that it has been a giant learning curve for me and there never seems to be enough time in the day to get things done. Studying accounting is also taking a lot of time (and money) So I need to get myself a new bike so I have something to "escape" on!!

Now a few years down the line I've saved up a bit of cash and am looking to buy another SV (in the North West). Seen a good 650 S K2 model from a dealer in Blackpool. Looks promising at the moment apart from the need for a new rear tyre and a bit of rust on the front forks!!! Going to give it a good look over later this week. looking forward to it.

Hoping to renew friendships from those who knew me and look forward to meeting new people. Did I hear somewhere that a 2007 Rideout has been planned? Hope I can make it this year and hope this new'ish bike turns out to be a cracker.

Hope everyone is well!!!!

Thanks

Ross
Old 18-12-06, 08:58 PM   #2
Mr Toad

'ow do
long time no see and all that
Old 18-12-06, 10:25 PM   #3
Rossi_C

Thanks Mr. Toad.

See everyone has been very busy. I'm trying to read through two years worth of posts trying to "catch up" . . . . . . might take some time.

Just been reading about Rictus. Utterly Shocked. Glad to hear he is on the mend. And the old bill got hold of the person responsible.

I'll get back to reading the sv650.org history now . .. . .
Old 18-12-06, 10:56 PM   #4
jonboy

Blimey, been a long time Ross, hope you're keeping well. You'll have worked out by now that SV650.org is a bit like the Eagles' Hotel California: "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave"

Getting a curvey? Well you know they're soooo much faster .

If you're going to AR07, then I hope to see you there.

Old 19-12-06, 08:26 AM   #5
helen

I don't think i ever met you, I was only a sporadic Soho visitor at the best of times, and now I never seem to get down there!

Anyway, i'm glad to see another accountancy studier on the Forum - ACCA, ACA, or CIMA?
Old 19-12-06, 12:22 PM   #6
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Can I suggest Monty Python's "Why accountancy is not boring"for a bit of light reading between study sessions?
Old 19-12-06, 12:52 PM   #7
Samnooshka

Never met you as i wasn't riding when you were going to soho. But welcome back anyway
Old 19-12-06, 01:18 PM   #8
Raf

Blimey! There has been quite a few people coming out of the wood work recently. I hope you enjoy you SK2, they are the best year you know.
Old 19-12-06, 06:36 PM   #9
CoolGirl

Hello! Isaac was only asking about you the other day!

the last time you saw me I had a bike

good to hear from you
Old 19-12-06, 09:58 PM   #10
AlanSv

wb mate, glad to hear you're getting another bike