SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 08-09-05, 03:25 PM   #1
Six Chin Skinny

Default Continental SportAttack?

Greetings all.

It seems all of you on the civilized continent get the scoop on new moto-products well before us Yanks. Have any of you heard about the (new?) SportAttack from Continental? The sizes appear to be very limited and do not include SV stock sizes. I know many of you are fond of the RoadAttack, wondering if any of you have mates with SportAttacks that have been properly thrashed for an adequate review?

http://www.conti-online.com/generato...attack_en.html

Thanks...
Old 08-09-05, 03:31 PM   #2
jonboy

Yes it looks a great tyre. It's not yet available in SV 650 sizes but probably will be.

I've got a set of Road Attacks and think they're an excellent tyre, but for a full report try here:

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=9676

Old 08-09-05, 06:28 PM   #3
Six Chin Skinny

Yes, sir, the RoadAttacks are catching on here in the states as well. My hunch is you all will get first crack at the new SportAttacks...
Old 09-09-05, 09:51 PM   #4
Spanner Man
Mega Poster

Evening.
I keep asking the importers when the Sport Attacks will be available in SV sizes.....They keep saying later this year Which is a pity 'cause I'm going to offer one forum member a pair at cost, so we can get some feedback So watch this space! .........They're available in 120/70 180/55 & 190/50, I've supplied a couple of sets, and so far the response has been that they're the dogs!! Mind you, they were designed by the chap who designed the Diablo, Sportec & Roadtec (he fell out with Pirelli/Metezler & went to Conti & said "can you use me" To which they probably replied; NOT HALF!!). So maybe we should expect nothing less.

Cheers.
Old 09-09-05, 10:18 PM   #5
Six Chin Skinny

Spanner Man-- Thanks for the update and the inside scoop on the tire designer. Seems if the Sport turns out anything like the Road, Conti will have a pretty good chokehold on their share of the sportbike market...

p.s. I linked to this thread in a similar thread at SVRider.com
Old 10-09-05, 08:15 AM   #6
Carsick

I'll definitely be giving them a go when both my vipers are dead. Gonna get the rear replaced and see if the front lasts for two.
Old 10-09-05, 05:48 PM   #7
Spanner Man
Mega Poster

Evening all.
I reckon you're right, Six Chin, shame they're German eh!
Give the Road Attacks a go Carsick, if the sports aren't out when you need tyres, I doubt that you'll be sorry. They're about the best all rounder you can buy, so it would seem.

Cheers.
Old 10-09-05, 11:34 PM   #8
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

I think Michael, (Carsick), had a set of the RAs before the Avons that are fitted now.

Of course there is the ever present possibility of my talking utter cobblers.

Again.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-05, 08:41 AM   #9
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid
I think Michael, (Carsick), had a set of the RAs before the Avons that are fitted now.

Of course there is the ever present possibility of my talking utter cobblers.

Again.
Indeed. I had a set of RAs last time. I did absolutely love them, but I decided I wanted to try something properly sticky. The Vipers fitted that description perfectly.
I'm inclined to try the sport attacks because I think I've now been spoiled by the level of grip. I wouldn't object to going back to the RAs, cos they were very good, but it would probably be a financial choice rather than one based on what tyres I would like.
Old 17-11-05, 03:05 PM   #10
silent

anyone else find that the avon a46/45 are great in the dry and a bit slidy in the wet? even if its the avon vipers that are the same...? anyone?

Andy